Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Mtb baggy shorts, what do you stick in the pockets?
  • benjii19
    Free Member

I just feel i need to know this….

Car keys rattle about, Mobile phone clatters into your legs. So what are they for?

Jamie
    Free Member

Have my phone in mine with no issues. Maybe you need to buy some better fitting shorts?

I wear DHB Dynos, which are slim fitting, as they don’t make me look like I am my way to a Gnarcore Clown convention.

robhughes
    Free Member

Sweets.. 😀

jam-bo

I have baggy shorts without pockets.

downhilldave

Nowt 😀

benjii19
    Free Member

Ive got some massive altura baggies. Way baggier than they looked online.

sillyoldman

Beer/coffee tokens.

bearnecessities

Condoms – doesn’t everyone?

Or: everything that ‘matters’. Phone, car key, house key, a credit card and a tenner.

Not convenient as such, but if I ever use my bike, the odd dangle or rattle does not bother me.

benjii19
    Free Member

I dont usually need a credit card in the woods…

bearnecessities

I know, it’s daft innit?!

It just makes me feel extra-safe that should I need to book a hotel or hire a car, I’m ok 😀

irvb

I hate wearing a Camelbak (other annoying backpack hydration systems are available), so I have bottles in cages, and in my pockets go my phone, a spare tube and some money – my patch kit, tyre levers etc go in a saddle pack.

rOcKeTdOg

Nothing, everything is on the bike, no ruck sack either

RustySpanner

Baggies?
    Naaaaaaaah.

jekkyl

Couple of one skinners & a lighter in one and a lil pack of tissues in the other in case I need a poo or get sweaty.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Phone, keys, inhaler.

singlespeedstu

I stick foil wrapped single servings of Gnar in the left pocket and AWSUM in the right.
    If there’s a rear pocket I stick the essence of Enduro ™ in there.

Onzadog
    Free Member

nothing while riding. Phone and/or car keys while sorting out pre and post ride.

prawny

Just keys, did have my phone in there once, it’s got a dent in the back now. Lucky it was an old spare Sony Ericsson and not a proper one

Rubber_Buccaneer

A banana, purely for aesthetic reasons.

jonba
    Free Member

The big ones on the back of my humvees get used for wrappers and rubbish but otherwise they are empty.

I’d prefer shorts with less pockets as I don’t use them, certainly don’t need 5+

Klunk
    Free Member

keys, money, sometimes a spare buff, sweets, the back pockets on enduras are perfect for an os map with the cover removed, my foxes have a dedicated pocket for a phone.

chvck
    Free Member

When I’m riding then nothing, I learnt that falling off with things in your pockets hurts!

bigdean

OS map one back pocket, guide book other. Usually a spare sweat/ headband and of course haribo.

sweepy
    Free Member

Section of map on waterproof paper, phone, hands (when not riding)

FOG

Mainly tissues which dissolve in the washing machine causing my wife to go mad when her flimsies get covered in shredded paper.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Keys, phone, tissues. The latter stops the keys rattling. I actually use my gloves for wiping snot 😀

MrNice
    Free Member

nothing. I wish they didn’t have pockets.

I can’t even play pocket billiards as I’m wearing lycra underneath 🙁

40mpg

Can’t believe how many take tissues. Can’t you wait until the next pub?

I don’t put anything in my pockets as I’d only land on it. And the zips have seized up anyway 🙄

tomhughes46

Rowntree’s Randoms and Frusli bars. And usually my (tough) camera which is going to one day literally end in tears.

Did once have a 50p shaped bruise for about three months so try not to put anything pointy in them!!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Nothing. Useful to keep bits in when you’re doing trail side repair though.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

My railcard, tickets, bank card and notes

votchy
    Free Member

One front pocket houses my insulin pump, the other houses my blood test kit. The one rear houses a couple of energy gels and a pack of dextrose tablets and the other rear houses my wallet. Been like this for a long time and dont even notice they are there.

matt_outandabout

I hav some enduras with too many pockets that never get used, apart from hands.
    Best shorts for cycling don’t have pockets. Science fact.

number18
    Free Member

In my Humvees I normally have my phone in front left pocket and Fruit Pastilles in the rear right pocket. I have had a compass in my rear left pocket using the clip, and sometimes a £10 note in the front right pocket.

slowoldman

Hanky.

dudeofdoom

Usually stuff I don’t mind landing on or losing…..

so normally poo bags (for dogs – in public places with bins , not for hanging in trees)

i don’t do barends either….a brake lever going Thru elbow sorta makes you think about fallin on stuff you have on you or the bike 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a selection of keys, phone, food, cash/card, map, lift pass, multi tool and whatever else I’m using and don’t want to put in the bag.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I ride an Orange 5 & therefore can not hear anything else. (apparently)

wordnumb
    Free Member

Can’t be doing with pocketless shorts, confuses the hands when stationary.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Small packet of tissues in left, single car key in right. Used tissues go in back pockets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Mtb baggy shorts, what do you stick in the pockets?’ is closed to new replies.