Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mtb and familiy holiday in Europe?
  • Clink

I’m interested in booking something for next summer and had excellent advice on here before. Not been abroad for a while so fancy treating ourselves.

Looking at somewhere with beaches and mountains, or mountains and lakes. 4 of us (2 teenage daughters). I fancy taking the bike for some trail riding. They are happy to walk, but really want a beach (oldest keen on surfing). Self-catering or hotel.

Kids fancy Scandinavia, I’m happy with that but where else? Italy, Finale Ligure for example? Seen mag article on Slovenia which looked nice. Not sure if driving or flying yet.

Any recommendations?

Clink

Ooops – was meant to be in chat – mods please move if poss?

mactheknife

Have a look at Basque country, amazing place with all your boxes ticked i think. And if you like red wine then you are in for a treat 🙂

Also doug runs both week long and day trips for cyclists of all abilities. Basque MTB

Clink

Ta. Yep Basque on my list.

Mackem

Even if Doug is booked up it’s still worth going to the Basque coast.

sgn23
    Free Member

Lagos in the Algarve? The town itself is not that special but it has the necessary amusements to keep teens happy, plus lots of accommodation and it’s 30-40 minutes drive to some amazing surfing beaches on the west coast, plus some good sized hills to the north. Mountain Bike Adventure do uplift and bike hire.
    Lagos is 45 minutes drive from Faro airport.

nasher
    Free Member

I would reccommend Liguria – the italian riviera..

Tons to do for mtbers and the family from great beaches to stunning mountains, you also have Genoa, Sanremo. Monaco, Nice if you wantva city visit.

If u want some info on routes, placesvto stay, guide companies etc.. Drop me a line. Email in profile

Clink

Thanks masher – will do tonight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mtb and familiy holiday in Europe?’ is closed to new replies.