• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by nach.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MT7 master cylinder leak
  • sirromj

I bought a 2nd hand bike a few months ago, which came with a MT7 rear brake. Seemed fine at first but I soon discovered if I feathered the lever then it completely lost power when it came to the crunch. A bleed sorted it, but a few rides later it’s starting to feel spongy again. I also snapped the end off the lever so decided to get a new lever, was about to fit it and noticed the master cylinder appears to be leaking.

What are my chances of Magura honouring the warranty on a 2nd hand MT7? Zero I’m guessing but I saw they have a 5yr warranty and the MT7 weren’t even around 5 years ago.

Failing that, I could buy a whole new lever, just not an MT7 as too expensive. Which of the levers on the cheaper end of the MT can be run on the MT7 caliper?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t they sell seal kits?

sirromj

No fairly sure they don’t. Apparently I can use any of the MT* brake levers. Might go for the MT2 and then fit the HC blade to it I bought to replace the broken MT7 blade. Have contacted Magura to see if they’ll offer anything but not holding breath.

nach
    Free Member

The HC blade won’t fit the MT2 master cylinder – they use a different spring and recess. Not sure what the cheapest master cylinder it will fit is though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MT7 master cylinder leak’ is closed to new replies.