Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mt Ventoux…Access?
  • crewlie

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone know if there’s access past Chalet Reynard at the moment? I know it’s usually closed until April but I’m sat here 50km south looking at it taunting me, and I can’t tell what’s snow and what’s rock.
    I’ve tried googling but can’t find anything helpful.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was there at Easter a couple of years ago and the gates were still closed. You could sneak around them on a bike and the road was clear to the observatory on the south facing Chalet Reynard side. The descent over the top was still feet deep in snow.

crewlie

Thanks, might give it a go then.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Phone the guys at Chalet Reynard, they are bound to know the road conditions up from the snow gate. Its maybe a couple of Ks up the road from them.

kennyp
    Free Member

Are there places round Ventoux you can hire road bikes? We might be over that way in June and I fancy a crack at it, but don’t want to lug my own bike all the way over.

wheelz
    Free Member

There’s a place in Bédoin that hires road bikes. It’s right opposite the car park on the road from Bédoin up Mount Ventoux, where the start line is painted on the road (for the timed ascent).

kennyp
    Free Member

Thanks wheelz.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mt Ventoux…Access?’ is closed to new replies.