Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mt Rainier, Washington
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone done this, or know what it’s like?

Kiril
    Free Member

We were there this Summer, gorgeous scenery, saw a bear, didn’t cycle though and some of the roads were quite narrow.

Mikkel
    Free Member

its a great Mountain.
    I had to bail on the Ingraham Glacier due to a trapped nerve in lower back 🙁 but still had a great time.

Eastcoast of Greenland

molgrips
    Free Member

Mikkel, when was that? I notice a distinct lack of stupidly early mornings, what was your plan?

Mikkel
    Free Member

it was June 2011.

We did, Paradise Inn up to Camp Muir, spend the night there.
    Then next day a “lazy” day walking up to a camp on the Igraham glacier and playing with crevasse rescue (we threw a girl into a massive crevasse ;), then from there its a a stupid early morning 1-2am start and up to the summit, and all the way back down.

That is the the standard easy route, often done without the Ingraham glacier stop.
    It was

CountZero

Might be a good idea to visit it before it collapses in on itself…
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/savageplanet/01volcano/03/indexmid.html

Steve77
    Free Member

I did it a couple of years back when I lived in Seattle. It’s fun apart from the very early start and long approach trek on the route we took. It’s basically just a big walk to the top but a very pretty one. In summary do it!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/long-shot-has-anyone-clibed-mount-rainier-in-washington

There’s some helpful stuff here, still keen to give it a go.

molgrips
    Free Member

What you doing next summer McM? 🙂

phinbob

I was looking at it today out of the office window.

markgraylish
    Free Member

A couple of my friends attempted it a couple of weeks ago but were beaten back by atrocious weather.
    They probably left it too late in the year as the crevesses were huge. Apparently a key 12 foot ladder had fallen into a crevass as it wasn’t long enough and the park rangers were bringing up an eighteen foot ladder to bridge the gap instead!! 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mt Rainier, Washington’ is closed to new replies.