Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MS Word Help – different orientation of pages in same document?
  • core

Could do with some help here please guys, I’m writing a safety manual for a rally and am having some issues* with the formatting……

*issues being MS Word is shite.

I’ve got some landscape risk assessment stuff to insert (the bulk of which is in table format), and ideally want them to be landscape, trouble is the rest of the document is portrait, and I can’t work out a way to do it easily and tidily.

HELP! PLEASE!

MrNice
    Free Member

section breaks is what you need

ChrisL

Section breaks are what you’re after, IIRC. On Word 2007 they can be found in the Breaks menu in the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon.

Gary_M
    Free Member

yep section breaks but the easiest way is to complete document a and pdf, pdf document b, then merge the pdf’s.

Portrait/landscape in word can be a bit of a pain if you’re not 100% what you’re doing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

section or page breaks, in the instruction manual

Cougar

Do you intend to print it out? Rotate the table 90′ instead of the page, or use a separate document and collate by hand afterwards perhaps.

(“Section breaks” is the answer, just throwing other ideas around.)

core

Yeah, it will have to be printed eventually. I’m using Word 2013.

franksinatra

Page Layout / Page Set up then select Landscape but a the bottom of the Page setup box change Apply To from Whole Document to This Point Forward, then change back when you need to go back to portrait.

Putting in breaks will make this easier

muggomagic

Might be easier to do it in PowerPoint.

core

I’ve used the section breaks, seems to have done the trick, for now!

Cheers!

core

I’ve another question I you don’t mind – regarding printing this document with the page breaks:

The document is now about complete and will eventually be printed as an A4 booklet, on A3 paper, folded and stapled.

Are the page breaks and landscape pages gonna cock that up? I’ve formatted it all as single page A4 in Word as the printer can take care of the booklet part of it.

Cougar

One way to find out for sure, no?

core

Except the printer is 20 miles away and the document is 50 pages, dear experiment for a tight as foook motor cub…..

leffeboy

Depends a bit on the printer as well. Often the printer driver handles it. If the printer can fold and staple a3 I think it can handle this just fine. But to test you can often print the whole thing as a PDF with a3 pages and see how it comes out. Not guaranteed but a good first pass

bensales
    Free Member

Section breaks in different orientations shouldn’t mess it up, although my docs that use similar have only ever been printed A4 as authored. In this situation, the landscape ones are just printed 90° to the rest of the pages.

Cougar

Do you want to email it to me and I’ll do a test run on ours?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MS Word Help – different orientation of pages in same document?’ is closed to new replies.