Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MS Planner/teams
  • kitebikeski
    Free Member

Sorry….. Looking for someone who can help us set up MS Planner, to manage numerous but fairly simple projects, within our company.
    Happy to pay for good advice, we’re just going round in circles!
    Cheers!

prettygreenparrot

I’d not heard of it until your post OP. Described as a ‘kanban’ productivity planner it reminded me of a few similar things.

Might give it a look if it’s part of my company’s O365 sub. I often resort to MS Project thanks to some training back in the day. But Project!
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/office/sign-in-to-microsoft-planner-fe43c972-5a95-4071-86d4-423a64a3b21e

Good luck getting it set up.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Although we use MS Teams day in day out we always struggled with engagement trying to get people to use Planner and went back to Excel

mmannerr

Planner has some good features but overall it is kind of in between tool and has most often been abandoned in our projects.
    Use cases where it worked pretty well were in internal teams which had infrequent meetings – for “Evaluate technology x” -type of tasks you could use buckets to group items and add documentation to task itself.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Thanks for those comments. We kinda use it at the moment, but are struggling to work out the best structure for it. ATM we have it set up as 1 team, one Tasks list, with a bucket for every project. But we have too many (pretty simple) projects for that to work – the list of buckets is about 5 screens wide.
    We’ve got better (but still not great) engagement than we had when we used excel.
    I find it good when a new task comes in (to my head), that I need to delegate – I can put a bit of a structure, sub tasks, links to files etc that forms the basis of a later discussion.
    Would it be better having a team per manager & then putting their projects in buckets in that team?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.