M&S Insurance, adding bikes over £2k

Home Forum Bike Forum M&S Insurance, adding bikes over £2k

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • M&S Insurance, adding bikes over £2k
  • Premier Icon u02sgb
    Subscriber

I ended up looking through comparison sites to see what was the best value and then eventually going back to M&S with specified cover for bikes over £2k.

All the other policies I found that were cheaper had caveats like not “New for old” (i.e. we’re only going to give you £1000) or “outbuildings only covered up to a certain value” (i.e. we’re only going to give you £1000).

Went with M&S because I’d been happy with them so far and had heard people with good experiences of claiming.

unstableJ

Just got my renewal quote through from M&S, as I’d already heard they are now asking me to specify any bikes over £2k.

They’ve quoted me an addtional £75 for the year to include my £3k bike with full worldwide cover with only the usual “must be attended or locked up” exclusions, £6.25 a month sounds reasonable what to folk think?

AJH68

Just been quoted an additional £153 for 2 bikes over 2k. Feel slightly peeved but I have had 2 claims with them and they were brilliant so reluctant to change.

Is there anyone better out there at the moment?

jimification

Same – annoyed as bikes over 2k used to be included but still quite reasonable really and friends that have claimed have found them to be very good.

unstableJ

managed to get the overall quote down pretty much to where it was before by upping our excess, so given the good stories about their service we’re sticking with them, only mildly grumpy about it now 😐

Premier Icon clareymorris
    Subscriber

Just rang them to add my 5…£77 extra.
    I went with it for the sake of good service too 😀

I’m in the same predicament. Only claimed once from M&S in the last 3 years (roof tile). They paid up, going simply off what I told them I’d been quoted (£600 ish) within 4 days. Might just declare the FS & It’ll save all the shopping around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance, adding bikes over £2k’ is closed to new replies.