Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • M&S home insurance support group……….
  • spence
    Free Member

……………had today a renewal quote for our M&S insurance but it’s come direct from AXA,no actual mention of M&S just the same policy number. I know AXA took over the underwriting a year or so back but are they now administrating it as well? It says for previously issued documents, by which I presume the policy, so am assuming the covers the same.
    Will call tomorrow but wondering if anyone’s been there already. Usually cancel and renew via the web site as it’s cheaper. Still an option?

Ta.

jonb
    Free Member

probably still able to go through m and s online. normally is cheaper to cancel and renew. Personally I'd be asking for new documents if the name on the top has changed. Phone them up to see what they say – probably won't have a clue what your on about but it's worth a go.

iainc

spence – had same thing 2 weeks ago. The renewal was £600 – went online, got a price for same cover from them for £325, phoned up, they reduced to same as their online price, job done. don't like the tactic, but there is no beating the cover.

stevio

we got something from AXA; i was foxed and wondered what the better half had signed up for, but a few days later a proper bit of paperwork turned up. our covers gone up to £550. might ring them up when i get back from holiday…

Wolfdog
    Free Member

M&S is he only place to be. Yep you can get cheaper buy you get less cover for it. Keep it locked – one of my buddies (the chairman of singletraction) got three of his bikes nicked last week!

Wally

£367 down to £311 by going on line again for me.

spooky_b329

I usually cancel and take out a new policy. Interesting that iainc managed to get a discount by phoning up, in the past they've just told me to take out a new policy as they can't do any discounts.

Beware of taking out a new policy without comparing the terms, someone on here did this recently and suddenly found that the new policy wouldn't cover the wife working from home, but if he had renewed the terms would have stayed the same.

nbt

Beware of taking out a new policy without comparing the terms, someone on here did this recently and suddenly found that the new policy wouldn't cover the wife working from home, but if he had renewed the terms would have stayed the same.

me 🙁

spence
    Free Member

Interesting, same experiences from others as previous years.
    Just done an online quote, to compare (without the annoying fat man).
    Renewal from AXA £265.68 (last year £251.28), online £262.19. Not the usual vast difference, as far as I can tell I've got them both the same ie Premier cover, same £50 excess and options (comparing last years policy to the quote).

Will double check everything, as per nbt, but is it worth wasting my time talking to them for three quid?

TeaBoyPaul

Same here, just got my renewal leter through… did an online quote and it is actually slightly more expensive than my renewal price. odd!

ART

Annoying isn't it – as I said on one of the other threads our premium skyed on renewal, but when I looked online AXA had decided I now live in a flood risk area 🙄 and wouldn't give me a quote at all. So had to reduce the cost by dropping some cover – as said above – they'll keep you as an existing customer. There was a thread not long ago about some alternatives with bike cover to rival M&S so will be looking that up at the next renewal date.

Kit
    Free Member

Insurance is a **** lottery…

matthewlhome
    Free Member

cancel and renew. i forgot last year and the premium went from about 350 to 600!

this year i called to cancel and they just did it – no offer of reduction. Renewed online no problem and saved about 200.

AXA are the underwriters of the policy, it changed a couple of years ago. I am yet to find anyone else who offers comparable cover for the cost. Greenbee are close but not so good for a set of bikes or individual items.

bruneep

mine went down by £38 this year TO £221, despite a £4k claim. I'm happy 😆

iainc

when I phoned them up, I explained that I was looking at a screen with exact same policy cover for hugely less than their renewal quote. I explained that I was quite happy to cancel and renew online, but the guy was keen to do the deal on the phone. I gave him the quote reference for the online one, he verified it and job was done within 5 mins. Didn't have to change any details for the direct debit or anything, so very straighforward.

I queried as to why the renewal quote was so high, which he couldn't answer, but interestigly did say that in some cases the quotes they send out were less than new online quotes, which ties up with some of the other posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘M&S home insurance support group……….’ is closed to new replies.