Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MS Access help – sharing a database
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

I work with a colleague and we both need read/write access to a database on a normal server. We both have read/write access to the file and folder but cannot work at the same time/save changes.

Am i doing something wrong or is this just a limitation we have to work with? If so are there any collaborative sites like google docs where i could put the database so we could work on it at the same time??

richmars

It’s years since I worked with Access but when I did something that needed multi user input/output I had two databases, one for the front end doing the forms, the other containing the data. That’s all I remember so may not be any help at all!

pennine
    Free Member

Go to Tools & click ‘Access Database’. This will guide you through splitting the DB into 2 files. Backend for the data & a front end for the queries, forms etc.

Backup your original first.

Andy_B

Check your version of Access is set up for shared rather than exclusive use in options (under the file tab somewhere).

Have a look or google for that and the office website will have the exact details.

leffeboy

AndyB is correct. Don’t split your database for only 2users

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MS Access help – sharing a database’ is closed to new replies.