Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 262 total)
  • Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep
  • nbt

SaxonRider, thanks for the update. Gnusmas, echoing the above we’re all with you, I just wish we were closer so I could come round and help. Take the time to process things, hug your kids, tell them how much you and they all mean to us here at STW. It isn;t dusty here, I have nothing in my  eye, I have been outright crying (more than once – both here at home now and at my desk at work when reading this thread) at the sheer courage and humanity that you and others here have shown. I cannot begin to comprehend the pain you are feeling and just wish I could do more. Manhugs to you and the Mini-Gs

duncancallum

Life can be a right ****.

However kids are resilient I lost my dad at 11 n whilst I miss him I’ve developed an independent attitude I may not of had.

I’ve no idea how hard it is as a parent however all I can say is you will find your kids will help you as much as you help them.

Wishing you all the best

bigjim

the brightest star in the sky

if you’re ever going to get a word based tattoo…

gnusmas
    matt_outandabout

Morning Alan. Tune is on here….

dthom3uk

So sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you can take comfort from the support you’ve received from the brilliant people on here.

rickmeister

After seeing this thread I went back and read the one from a week ago….. how fast things can change.

Hug your kids and dont be shy of asking for support…. its one of the best things about STW….

gnusmas

The minister and the undertaker have been round today to discuss the funeral arrangements. Most have been done, just the odd bit to finalise. That was tough. It has made me realise a lot i could, and possibly should have done differently.

Throughout our journey over the past few years, i have had numerous messages and offers of support, as well as the donations of money and physical items. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for us and are continuing to do to this day. <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I will be eternally grateful to each and every one of you for helping make Mrs G’s last couple of years a more comfortable one. </span>

I feel as if i know most of you even though we haven’t met, and those i have met it was an honour and a pleasure. I keep getting told our situation has touched all of STW. I don’t know how true this is, but if any help or inspiration has come from my threads to any of you then i no longer need to apologise for our life being shared with you all.

It has been an incredible and unforgettable journey, with lots of highs and unfortunately a lot more lows. Somehow, through your support and kind words i have found strength to get through each day and deal with whatever is thrown at me. Now more than ever.

Mrs G will be greatly missed by us all. We are all devastated and the thought of a final goodbye is ripping my heart to pieces. She always joked about me always wearing shorts whatever the weather and wished i would wear trousers or jeans sometimes. I will be wearing trousers for her one last time and she won’t be there to see it. I can only hope she will be looking down with a smile on her face.

The brightest star in the sky, Lyanda.

If any STWer would like to attend to celebrate her life, any of you are more than welcome. Public funeral is taking place at Llanelli crematorium on Thursday 12th July at 12:00pm.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I won’t be there but I will be thinking of you all mate.

RustySpanner

What a remarkable individual you are.

Your threads have been inspirational for many reasons, but mainly for your honesty and strength.

Again, can’t be there, but I will be thinking of you all.

Love,

Pete.

SaxonRider

I will be there, Alan. Thank you for posting the details.

athgray
    Free Member

Thanks for the update gnusmas. I Don’t know you, and did not know of your situation. I read this recent thread and was truly struck by its power. I have 3 young children, so have been trying to imagine the hurt and loss you have gone through.

It is good that you feel that this place can be an outlet to express your feelings, and hope it truly helps.

It in encouraging that it seems from your last post that you can glean some positivity from what must be a terrible time.

Keep the chin up.

neilthewheel

Lyanda. What a beautiful name.

Thanks for updating us, gnusmas, I hope you get some comfort from sharing your news. When my Dad died it was a numb feeling and the humdrum jobs of organising a funerl etc helped keep me going but I didn’t feel any kind of release until the funeral itself.

thered

I really am very sorry.

TedC

Gnusmas,

As one of the many that can’t find the right words. I can’t physically be there on the 12th, but be assured, we WILL be there.

jamj1974

Thank you for the update Gnusmus.  Your words are very moving…

Take care.

jay

tpbiker
    Free Member

Just spotted the go fund me thread and made a small donation

I don’t know Mr g, but it typifies why I come on this place. I disagree with lots of posters, and not a day goes by without some pointless squabbling. But when push comes to shove, when stuff that actually matters is involved, everyone on here has each others backs. It’s a fantastic community to be part of…

bensales
    Free Member

Very sorry for your loss.

gnusmas

I received a book through the post via amazon from dirkpitt74 yesterday. I cried my eyes out at the note inside and the book itself titled Always With Me by Tamsin Wood. I was extremely touched.

I will be reading this to my kids when i feel i can without crying too much.

Thankyou

Bunnyhop

gnusmas – you are a remarkable human being.

I can’t be there at the funeral, but be sure that I can speak on behalf of many others that we will be thinking about you and your young family.

One day this will all be a bad dream and there will be some happiness back in your life.

bunnyhop x

chrssmale
    Free Member

So sorry for your loss gnusmas,

Take care mate

Ambrose

Alan, I’ll be there on the 12th. Let me now if there is anything I can do to help.

Ambrose

funkmasterp

Wish I could be there for the funeral. The family Funk will be thinking about you, your wife and your boys. Take care mate.

All our love to you.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Im just a random STW lurker but my condolences to you sir as with everyone else. Sounds like your family have an amazing and compassionate dad, and your wife knew that doubtless. “When you’re at the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on” Love to you.

gnusmas

I was contacted by lucasshmucas the other day asking for my address as he had purchased a gift for myself and my kids and would like to send it to me. This morning a parcel arrived at my door. When I opened it and realised what he had done, the floodgates opened and I struggled to stop.

I eventually braved opening the presentation box and inside was a small pack of items relating to the framed certificate within. He has named a star Lyanda. It is an extra bright star in Andromeda.

Then I read his note that was enclosed. A heartwarming note wishing us all the best, also explaining how my posts have touched him. The certificate also has on it what has now become Lyanda’s legacy. A massive thank you to him for this unbelievable gesture.

Could I please introduce to you Lyanda, the brightest star in the sky.

https://star-register.org/?search=1461018

granny_ring

That’s lovely,  brings a tear to the eye..

Lovely for the kids to know she’ll be watching them.

Ambrose

Wonderful, just wonderful. Well done that man.

goby

So sorry to hear about the loss of Mrs G, hope you and the kids all stick together and give each other the hugs to keep strong. That is a wonderfull gift from lucasshmucas, lovely thought.

I love this forum and someone else said they can be a lot of squabaling etc but it shows me and gives me faith that there are still quite allot of nice decent people all out there!.

My thoughts will be with you and your family on the Thurs 12th.

sas78

Wow. Don’t know you or your wife but I am sitting in my office with tears running down my face. I think we’re all with you on some level and someone made the comment that it’s nice you come on here to talk. We all need to talk.

I’m thinking of you and your kids and am going to hug mine tightly.

Sending you love from Edinburgh.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Heartbreaking

This, very much this.

I wish you all my deepest condolences.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Gnusmas – late to this – your opening line was one of the most moving things I’ve ever read. I hope you are hanging together.  Sad times.

lunge

Just read the updates and let me tell you, it’s suddenly got very dusty in my office. Much love Family Gnusmas.

jamj1974

What a lovely thing Lucas has done.  Obviously a very special gift from an extremely generous person.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve seen him post much, but adds lucasshmucas to my ‘list’of top folks on this place all the same

bazhall
    Free Member

Nope definitely was not dusty in the office when I read gnusmas’s update this morning, nope it wasn’t, yes it was.

lucasshmucas that was a truly lovely thing to do for them and something they will remember for years and years to come.

dukeduvet

Gnusmus so sorry to read of your loss and your honesty has been genuinely moving.

In time make sure you get as much support as you can, there are loads of groups etc to help with things especially your children but also for yourself. I imagine sharing with people in a similar situation is a huge help.

Made a small contribution to the fund set up and thoughts with you and your family on the day.

gnusmas

Trying to get through each and every day
    Since you were sadly taken away
    I sometimes wish i was way up high
    With you, another star in the sky

I know the kids need me around
    So i have to stay here on the ground
    As hard as it is all alone inside
    I will continue to look up at you, far and wide

stumpy01

Hang in there, gnusmas.

I’m crap with words. I’m not gonna try & be eloquent or offer words of advice – there are many on here much better at that.

But, just know that there are people out there wishing you well & thinking of you during this time of incomprehensible hardship.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Nice words Mr G.

I can’t help thinking in years to come your kids will tell their spouses or their own children something like this: “yeah my mum died when I was pretty young but my dad was amazing, It must have been so hard for him but we stayed close, he kept us all together as a family and he always did his best for us. I am what I am today because my dad was a great example to me”

dirkpitt74

Great words and sentiment Gnusmas – it’s suddenly got really dusty at my desk.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep’ is closed to new replies.