Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 262 total)
  • Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep
  • spacemonkey

So sorry to hear of your loss buddy.  I cannot imagine the pain you’re experiencing right now.  I sincerely hope you and your kids gain strength with each passing day.

If you find yourself escaping to the Surrey Hills then I – and I’m sure many others – will gladly hook up with you for some trail time and beer/cake.

Call on any support network you have around you.  Life will get better.  Sending man hugs bro.

kelvin

That must be the hardest thing you, or any of us, has ever had to do. Love to the kids… they are so lucky to have you.

sbob
    Free Member

We’re all here for you mate, don’t be afraid to let us know what help you need. xxx

bigjim

Much happier donating a little to help your family than spending it on beer. You’ve had a raw deal but you’ll have some good times with the kids to come fella. This place does alright sometimes hey?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Sad news Mr G.

Very best wishes to you all.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Can’t begin to imagine how you feel. Very sorry for you and your kids loss.

pandhandj
    Free Member

Gnusmus,

i have no idea what to say apart from you are all in my thoughts.

Hug the kids and tell them you love them,

paul

neilwheel
    Free Member

I’m so sorry too, such sad news.

Remember to take care of yourself during this hard time.

drewd

Sorry for your loss.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about MrsGnus.

I lost my mum when I was 4 and remember being barely aware of what was happening.  Still trying to cope with it 63 years later.

In a way, I think it’s helpful for your nippers to be old enough to understand… I think it will help them deal with it better than I have been able to.

All the best.

allthegear
    Free Member

So sorry for your loss.

Rachel

Squirrel

Oh no, so sorry.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

There are no words that are sufficient.

Things will get better in time, and you will all be stronger for it. Your kids are so lucky to have such an amazing Dad.

We have just found out that the MIL has 4 – 9 months to live, and the condition that has caused her cancer is hereditary, with a 50% chance of it being passed on. Wife and her brother are in bits and we are all hoping that our kids will not inherit.

Thoughts are with you. Keep strong.

franksinatra

Sometimes life is just really shit. You can dress it up as much as you like but it can be unfair and, well just shit.

However, the shittier life gets, the more you can be amazed by the amount of good, loving, generous and selfless people there are around you. You see it after natural disasters, terror attacks and personal life changing events; the good guys step up and, perhaps, help make things just a tiny bit more manageable.

Sorry for your loss.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Gnusmus, I’m really sorry to hear about Mrs G , you’ve been an inspiration to me especially after we spoke last week as my wife is going through the same issues Mrs G had. Thank you for your advice and kind words of understanding despite your obvious circumstances, I’ve relayed your kind words to my wife as well as your sad news, she sends her love. If there’s anything you need or want to chat feel free to contact me.

craig24
    Free Member

Life is really shit. I’m so sorry for you and the kids. They really are lucky to have a dad like you though, things will get better in time.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Words fail me Gnusmus, terribly sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your kids.

uggski

There are no words that are sufficient. Terribly sorry to hear of your loss.

gnusmas

Finally managed to read your comments. Thankyou all for your kind words, messages and offers of support. Didn’t think i could cry anymore after yesterday, but haven’t stopped this morning yet.

14yo is all over the place, 9yo is very quiet and wandering around not knowing what to do, 5yo asking lots of questions and 3yo keeps going to mummy’s bed looking for her.

They were all up until past midnight and i think i crashed from exhaustion at around 4:30 this morning.

We did spend a really nice but emotional hour last night looking up at the sky while they were trying to work out which star mummy is shining down on them. We all agreed she was the brightest star in the sky.

IHN

All the best to you fella.

newrobdob
    Free Member

We all agreed she was the brightest star in the sky.

Well thats got me crying at work. Such a wonderful thing to say. Sounds like you’re a great team together.

scant
    Free Member

sorry for your loss.

jimmy

Well thats got me crying at work

It’s fine, just hayfever, nothing wrong here…

Harry_the_Spider

Crying at my desk. Not dust or pollen. Crying.

I have no idea who you are, but as a husband and parent I can’t imagine your pain.

murf
    Free Member

Heartbreaking 🙁

db

Welling up here. What a beautiful thing to say at such a terrible time. Thinking of you and your family at this time

db

blitz

Can’t imagine what you must be going through. Heartbreaking.

Not sure where you are, but someone I know lost their husband in a tragic accident and a local bereavement charity called ‘Holding on Letting go’ were an amazing support to her and the children. When you’re ready it may be worth looking for similar support as I know it was invaluable for my friend and particularly the children

Take care.

tenfoot

So sorry to hear this.

cooie

So sorry for your loss. 🙁

swavis

I’m so sorry to read this 🙁

It’s really brought a lump to my throat thinking of you all.

Take care of yourselves

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Really sorry for you and the family.

matt_outandabout

Dusty here at my desk today.

martinhutch

Nothing to add but my support for you at this time. Keep asking on here if you want anything doing, somebody will be able to help.

Take care of yourself as well as your kids.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sat here crying reading this myself. So sorry for your loss. One thing that I’ll add: I’ve worked in education for 13 years so unfortunately have come across a number of children that have lost parents. Kids seem very resilient and whilst it is tough, they have all come through remarkably well.

scc999

So sorry to hear this.

echo what people have said about speaking to people – the are organisations that will be able to talk to you and the kids and help you process what you are and will be feeling.

Many condolences.

Si

nicknameless
    Free Member

So utterly sorry for your loss.  Crying at the thought and can’t imagine being in your shoes.  Thoughts are with you.

iamtheresurrection

I read this this morning and have thought of you a couple of times through today. So tough, and I’m sorry for your loss.

I lost my dad when I was 14, he was 43. My friends were amazing, and I spent most of my time worrying that mum was okay. She tried hard to protect me from how she was feeling but I recall vividly that all I wanted was her to open up and unload on me sometimes – I wanted to help and didn’t expect her to be bulletproof.

I appreciate that all circumstances are unique.

SaxonRider

I have gnusmas’ permission to let you all know that we spoke on the phone about an hour ago. He wanted to let people know that he is hanging in and that he is deeply grateful for everyone’s responses on here.

He will keep in touch as and when he can, but right now he’s got a lot to work through.

gnusmas, we’re all with you. May you and your kids know some comfort at this horrible time, and may the memory of Mrs Gnusmas be eternal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

FWIW my dad died when the 4 of us were 2-10…we’ve all turned out OK (the others more ok than me!) …so it can all be ok.

Thinking of you

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep’ is closed to new replies.