Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep

Home Forum Chat Forum Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 249 total)
  • Mrs G passed away last night in her sleep
  • Premier Icon jimdubleyou
    Subscriber

Sorry for your loss. Having recently lost my mum I can’t imagine what losing my wife would be like.

Not for today, but if you need any advice on funerals etc, PM me & I’ll help as much as I can (my uncle is in the trade).

IHN

So sorry for your loss.

Hold your kids this evening and worry about the rest tomorrow.

This.

For practical and emotional help, these folks are incredible:

Supporting A Bereaved Child

I’ll also chip in if needs be.

Premier Icon moose
    Subscriber

Ah dude, I’m so sorry. There aren’t the words, we’re all here for you.

Oh man, that’s the toughest thing to experience, you have my sympathies for your loss.

There’s plenty of time to discuss how you continue moving forward but now isn’t really the time. For the moment just take time to let yourself grieve and come to terms with your loss, is there anyone that can help out with the kids for a bit?

Keep in touch with us on here and have a read through the link that footflaps posted near the start of the thread.

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

I am so sorry, I can’t imagine your situation but happy to chip in to assist with funeral costs. Keep us updated.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Oh my lord. I’m so sorry. I can’t convince you it won’t be hard, but you and your kids will get through this, because you are one very special dad.

Also happy to help in any way i can.

PJM1974

I am so sorry to read this OP, I genuinely have no words.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

So sorry to hear of your loss.

nbt

Echoing the above, I am so sorry to read this, it’s brought me to tears. Virtual manhugs to you and the kids

andyl

So sorry, horrible, horrible situation for your and your kids.

+1 for setting something up, No way you should be worrying about costs at a time like this.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

So sorry man

where are you based?

So sorry to hear of your loss OP. Happy to chip in to a fund .

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I can’t imagine what you have been going through, I hope things go OK with the kids later.

Make sure you let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

So sorry to hear this and my deepest condolences. Go to the school and speak to the headteacher they may be able to help

Hug your kids and don’t worry about funeral costs, i have a feeling STW will help you out with some of that burden

Look after yourself, you’ve held a lot of weight on your shoulders with everything, don’t let this break you

sv

Sincere condolences for your loss, keep talking and same for the children too.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

So sorry gnusmus, Nothing i write can offer help with the pain and anguish you will be feeling but take solace in your family at this time.

And please try and contact the citizens advice for help regarding funeral arrangements, discretionary bereavement payments, help with funeral costs etc, it will be the last thing you want to focus on at this time but there is financial and moral help available, a friend recently lost her husband to cancer and the citizens advice were invaluable in helping to sort stuff out.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

gnusmas this is awful news, and my heart goes out to you and the kids. I am not sure what I write will make much difference, but clearly stw and our little community means something to you, so I hope in some small way it will. Hugs and offers of help are here if you need.

Kids are resilient, and they will have you and great memories of her to cherish.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

gnusmas – have I read correctly you are worried about funeral costs? I am more than happy to donate – does anyone have the link to last one we ran?

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/junkyard-stw

Not sure if it still works. I don’t think Junkyard is on here anymore.

ElShalimo

My condolences. Like many above, I’d be happy to donate towards the funeral costs

Roter Stern

So sorry to hear about your loss gnusmas that really is terrible. ☹️

PJay

I have no idea what to say, but just wanted to add my voice and offer my condolences; do take care.

TiRed

So very sorry G. Nothing prepares you for the finality, even when you know it’s coming. Kids are very resilient. You will learn a lot from them.

Go out in the sunshine somewhere nice with your kids when they finish school. I still remember the lovely sunny morning standing in the park the day my sister died, after being up all night with her.

Accept offers of practical help.

swdan

My condolences also. I’m not a particularly active poster on here but read a lot of the threads. I remember your last thread and what an amazing husband and dad you seemed. As someone else up there said, for that reason I know you’ll get through this. Take your time but don’t be afraid to talk about it, even to a load of strangers on the internet. The kids are important but so are you, look after yourself and make sure you’re able to be there when they need you (and vice versa). Love and hugs your way

Premier Icon splashdown
    Subscriber

So sorry to hear of your loss and my deepest condolences.

Coyote

So, so sorry to hear this. Make time for you and the children first and foremost. They’re going to need their dad now.

The next few days will be a drain so as others have said accept any offers forthcoming.

joshvegas

Gnusmas I’m really sorry to hear that.

I can only repeat what others have said. Stick around. Its always nice when you enter a conversation and you’ve shared and offered advice to others on here going through similar problem to yourself.

I have no practical advice to give but remember to take some time for yourself and ask if you need anything.

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Can’t see properly for tears, but thankyou for your kind words, they really mean a lot. Emotionally i am a complete and utter wreck, physically not much better. Have picked up our 14yo, he is in bits but giving him time, the other 3 kids are being dropped off at 5.30 tonight by a friend to give me some time.

The justgiving page junky started closed ages ago, but thankyou all for your offerings again. You have been more than generous making Mrs Gs remaining time a comfortable one and a nice one, enabling us to have family time together so we have decent memories and photos at least.

Some of you already have my email address, and that is the same email i use for PP and everything else. I personally won’t post it up here as i am not begging. Just needed to vent and inform you all after all your kindness before.

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

So sorry Gnusmas.  I’ve been reading your posts for the last year with increasing sadness.

All I can say is that you’re among friends here.  And as many others have said, make sure you put yourself and your own needs first from time to time.  You’ve been a great dad and husband and will carry on being a great dad.  You may not believe it but one day, before too long, you’ll be happy again.

And somebody hurry up and set up a Just Giving  page.  I’ve got £25 burning a hole in my wallet.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Sorry for your loss Gnusmus, I can’t imagine how hard this is.  Thoughts are with you and your family.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Does anyone on here know Junkyard?

He might be able to coordinate things.

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

I’m just setting up a fundraising page now, give me a few mins

I’ve got Gnusmas’ contact details from last time so i’ll coordinate with him when the times right

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

I’m so very sorry.

I wish I was living nearer to you to help out.

Let your friends and family help out in any way they are able. x

surfer

I am so sorry for your loss Gnusmas

teamslug

Bloody awful news. Massive sympathy to you and your family. Stay strong.

stumpy01

There’s not really any words, are there?

But, for what it is worth – I am truly sorry to hear this.

Premier Icon qtip
    Subscriber

Nothing constructive to add, but sorry for your loss.

slowpuncheur

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve followed your last thread and can’t begin to understand how you must be feeling. It sounds like you’re a hell of a dad to those kids.I can only echo what others have said: accept help whenever you can, take time to look after yourself and trust yourself. Sincere condolences.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.