Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Mrs Brown's Boys voted best sitcom of century
  • chakaping
    Free Member

If you go back through the TV GO HOME archives, some of the outlandish ideas Brooker had, actually became reality!

As did one or two of Alan Partridge’s pitches to the BBC…[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGG5OhEcpOQ[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

Mrs Brown’s Boys is atrocious. It reminds me of Til Death Do Us Part and Alf Garnet.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

One sitcom I really didn’t understand the popularity of over here, was Friends.

There was a rather good and amusing sarcastic element to it, underneath the twee schmultz.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Not bothered by Mrs Brown, but I find it surprising that People Just Do Nothing has only had one mention on here so far. It’s utter genius.

Agreed. Bloody brilliant.

DezB
    Free Member

The Cosby Show wasn’t particularly funny. But it was utterly compelling watching for one particular reason. *sigh*

clodhopper
    Free Member

@CaptanFlasheart:

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Very subjective. I don’t see other good comedy as inferior, just different.

there was a very good comment from the guy who wrote the blackadder theme and many more that as a musician you know if you don’t like something but can appreciate that it’s put together well.
    MBB’s is pure put tab A in slot B done badly with the nods to the audience as if to say we think it’s crap and not really trying how about you?

Nipper99
    Free Member

No mention of the Café which I really enjoyed in its strange quirky way.

And there are much better things on the radio i.e. Bleak Expectations etc.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Loving wasted at the moment.
    Also missing plebs.

miketually
    Free Member

One sitcom I really didn’t understand the popularity of over here, was Friends.

Friends almost became a soap opera as much as a comedy, as it was so long running.

cbike
    Free Member

MBB is an injoke full of cultural references that the average singletracker will not be in on or understand. It reminds me of scottish pantomime where the writing is just a bit better than english panto.

Its a culture I’m not part of so I don’t really get the gags but appreciate the production standards. I have a chum that thinks its hilarious but she has a bit of an irish/catholic background and a similar family structure.

brakes
    Free Member

full of cultural references that the average singletracker will not be in on

really??? like liberal use of the word ****?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So most of the people are pretending to get it?

DezB
    Free Member

MBB is an injoke full of cultural references that the average singletracker will not be in on or understand.

Aah.. I wondered why I didn’t find the 60s comedy melons funny!

Wrong cultcher!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Its a culture I’m not part of so I don’t really get the gags but appreciate the production standards. I have a chum that thinks its hilarious but she has a bit of an irish/catholic background and a similar family structure.

FFS. Really?

Do you think all people with an “irish/catholic background” have a “similar family structure”?

Where’s Edric when you need him?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

And there are much better things on the radio i.e. Bleak Expectations etc.

Agreed,Bleak expectations & Fags mags & gags are excellent,as good as,and usually better than anything on the box.
    IMHO of course.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A vote for Mrs Browns Boys signals the fact that we should now stop asking Brexiteers for both thier opinion, and vote.

stewartc
    Free Member

First they came for the MBB fans, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was more an IT Crowd person

Then we lived happily ever after though I do wonder where my mum went.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Brown's Boys voted best sitcom of century’ is closed to new replies.