Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MRP Lopes SL Chain device. Anybody use one?
  • Vortexracing

and if so what do ya think?

apart from the fact that they cost a bomb!!!

oh and do you miss not having a bash guard?

Ta

Chucky

honourablegeorge

Have them on two bikes. They’re a massive rippoff, but all chain devices are, pretty much.

Feather light, easy to set up, have dropped no chains yet (though I only bought in the summer).

I have smacked chainring on rocks a few times on tech stuff, a bash would have prevented that, but it was nothing much really.

Vortexracing

Thinking of 1 for my 5 spot and 1 for my Soul as well.

Just a bit bothered about the lack of bashguard.

as the guards I have on seem to have a few marks on em.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

This is it on my Soul. One a one ring setup, your chainring teeth are covered by the chain, so a bash is less of a worry.

o96192083
    Free Member

^depends which chainring you have. Stock one, yes, but if you get a renthal or a gammut, the teeth stick up by about 2mm above the chain (9spd , not sure about 10 but must be much the same)

toons
    Free Member

I’ve got one for sale £60 posted?

greeble
    Free Member
    xiphon
    Free Member

To be fair, the ‘gnar gnar’ kids on SDH will hammer their kit considerably more than 95% of STW…

I’ll stick to my cheap Superstar one thanks 🙂

ianv
    Free Member

It is really easy to overtighten the bolts on MRP chain guides and they are way too expensive at RRP (as are pretty much all chain devices). If I was going to get one like the Lopes, I would get the superstar one: cheaper, works just as well and less prone to overtightening.

Vortexracing

Not really what I wanted to hear, as I have a MRP G2 Mini SL waiting for me at home.

I decided to go for the G2 with the bash for the Turner and the Lopes for the Soul.

Looks like I need to be careful with the allen keys.

toys19
    Free Member

I found my mrp mini G2, which is similar to that one, but with a taco, to be a bit bendy and the lower guide snapped twice, it peed me off slightly. MRP USA sent me replacement parts foc after I moaned and then I flogged it..

I now have a similarly expensive e13 one ss+++ or whatever and it has been utterly bomb proof. Confidence inspiring to hit rocks and logs and shit knowing the taco think will just skate you aver them if contact is made.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve been running a MiniG2 for a year now and its been faultless. Given it a pretty hard time and its still running perfect.

Vortexracing

That’s more like it DBW, thanks

jambon
    Free Member

They’re a massive rippoff, but all chain devices are, pretty much.

Blackppire Stinger / Superstar components thingy.

Work for me for around £20.

honourablegeorge

Vortexracing – Member
    Not really what I wanted to hear, as I have a MRP G2 Mini SL waiting for me at home.

I decided to go for the G2 with the bash for the Turner and the Lopes for the Soul.

Looks like I need to be careful with the allen keys

Have the G2 on my DH bike, rock solid. Dunno how you’d crack it unless you were a lunatic with the allen keys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MRP Lopes SL Chain device. Anybody use one?’ is closed to new replies.