Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mrp better boost adapters don’t fit my dt 240
  • ticsmon

Anyone used these ? I have a Dt Swiss xmc1200 front wheel I’m trying to convert to boost but the end caps I’ve been sent have a 2mm bigger O/D than the current ones

nixie

I’ve got the front ones fitted to a 350 hub and they work perfectly.

bigyan
    Free Member

What hubs do XMC1200 wheels have?

MRP do better boost DT kits for 350 6 bolt, 350 CL, 240 6 bolt, 240 CL and 240 OS

nixie

A quick look at the compatibility charts suggests the hubs in those wheel use 180 adapters which are a different size.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The XMC1200 doesn’t use a standard 240 hub, it has a smaller shell to reduce the weight.

If you want the ‘best’ way to make it work, a wolftooth 240s adapter is close, you can turn down the lip so it fits in the hub shell & use a slightly bigger rubber o-ring to hold it in place. I’ve done this on a set and it’s been fine for 18 months.

ticsmon

It says 240s on the hub so I just presumed they were 240s hubs but obviously not.

poah
    Free Member

the cheap adaptors on ebay etc would have worked.

ticsmon

Just had this reply from MRP

Thanks for reaching out about the fitment of the Better Boost. Sadly DT did a running change on their hubs that made it so not all 240 end caps are compatible. The change seems to have started with their OEM wheels and has transitioned into the rest of the line but we sadly do not have a option for the 28mm flange hubs at this time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mrp better boost adapters don’t fit my dt 240’ is closed to new replies.