Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mr Cameron and the £7m….
  • oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Apparently Boris is ****ing furious that he missed that particular opportunity…

Bet Dave is down his gentlemans club laughing his tits off.

frankconway

Don’t worry bozza, there’ll be another greensill sometime soon so you haven’t missed out…

kimbers

Bozo so desperate or cash what with all his child maintenance payments

You just know he will pimp himself out for just about anything once he’s out of no10

chewkw
    Free Member

All politicians get rich regardless.

If you think Cameron is the only one then your selective memory recall has failed badly.

How old are you? Were you born yesterday?

I have Not come across a politician that is poor.

jamj1974

^^ You may not find a ‘poor’ MP or ex-government member, but there are a few who have not taken advantage of their position for profit. Not as many as I would like though…

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

You obviously missed my observation chewkw…

It was a Dave/Boris relationship obsevation and yes most ex politicians make a good living post office particularly ex PMs however the Tories have a little more “brass neck” when it comes to redirecting public funds i.e our money into their (mates) pockets.

This is not new… Winston Churchills words…

The Conservative Party is not a party but a conspiracy … the great vested interests handed together in a formidable federation; corruption at home, aggression to cover it up abroad, the trickery of tariff juggles, the tyranny of a party machine, sentiment by the bucketful, patriotism by the imperial pint, the open hand at the public Exchequer. The open door at the public house, dear food for the million, cheap labour for the millionaire … the Conservative Party is nothing less than a deliberate attempt on the part of important sections of the propertied classes to transfer their burdens to the shoulders of the masses of the people and to claim greater profits for the investment of their capital by charging higher prices.

Dickyboy

To put that £7m in perspective, it would take a person on an average £30k pa 233yrs to earn that amount, it really is time the UK enacted some claw back when firms go bust after paying execs exorbitant amounts 😡

Dickyboy

To put that £7m in perspective, it would take a person on an average £30k pa 233yrs to earn that amount, it really is time the UK enacted some claw back when firms go bust after paying execs exorbitant amounts 😡

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Surely a better perspective would be David Cameron’s £7.20 “living wage”, almost 7 million hours of it….

551 years.

Stiggy

Love that Churchill quote oldmanmtb2

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Billy Blyton the Labour MP from Durham (pitman) from 46 to 64 always took great delight in quoting it to the Tory benches.

They made Billy a Lord and when asked what coat of arms he wanted he said a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale with Greyhounds Rampant… they said he couldn’t have it so he told them to not bother.

Same fella drank in the same pub all his life, we need people like him desperately.

He also seved in the Submarines in WW2 and ner mentioned it

footflaps

It was a Dave/Boris relationship obsevation

Yes, their rivaly was legendary and Boris thought he’d got the upper hand until this!

IHN

This is not new… Winston Churchills words…

Love that Churchill quote oldmanmtb2

Billy Blyton the Labour MP from Durham (pitman) from 46 to 64 always took great delight in quoting it to the Tory benches.

Looking for it now, I can’t find any evidence that Churchill actually said it though, the only reference I can find is Blyton saying he did, and then everyone else quoting Blyton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Blyton,_Baron_Blyton

maccruiskeen

To put that £7m in perspective,

… Cameron failed to achieve what they paid him for. They wanted to use his influence with his friends in government for the benefit of their company by securing lucrative government contracts. £7m quid later it turned out he didn’t have any influence in government, and even through government ministers were quite blatantly handing out government money to benefit their own interests and those of their friends… it turns out they didn’t consider him to be one of those friends.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mr Cameron and the £7m….’ is closed to new replies.