• This topic has 126 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • MP Sir David Amess – RIP –
  • tjagain

If you are going to discuss his politics you need to look at the positions he held.

We have been warned off ( rightly IMO) discussing the politics on this thread but look into his positions.

Also IIRC Cox was killed by a white far right extremist – not considered a terrorist event. Amess killed by brown religious extremist – terrorist event.

the levels of hypocrisy surrounding all this are breathtaking

I had better step away from this but I welcome a PM from anyone who wants to put more detail on this

davros

Mair was sentenced to life imprisonment; the judge said he had no doubt Mair murdered Cox to advance a political, racial, and ideological causes of violent white supremacism and exclusive nationalism most associated with Nazism and its modern forms. This made the case exceptionally serious; accordingly the judge imposed a whole life term, meaning Mair will never be eligible for parole.[3] As confirmed by the Crown Prosecution Service, Mair’s conviction for a crime amounting to a terrorism offence also means he is officially considered a terrorist by the United Kingdom.[

outofbreath
    Free Member

Mair was sentenced to life imprisonment; the judge said he had no doubt Mair murdered Cox to advance a political, racial, and ideological causes of violent white supremacism and exclusive nationalism most associated with Nazism and its modern forms. This made the case exceptionally serious; accordingly the judge imposed a whole life term, meaning Mair will never be eligible for parole.[3] As confirmed by the Crown Prosecution Service, Mair’s conviction for a crime amounting to a terrorism offence also means he is officially considered a terrorist by the United Kingdom.

+1

The judge’s summing-up makes it clear the murder of Jo Cox absolutely *was* a “terrorist event”.

Yes, it was carried out by a lone nutter but so was David Amess’s. (Or that’s what all the signs are so far.)

tjagain

Apologies for that. I just remember the politicians at the time stating it was not “terrorist”

ernielynch

I don’t think the discussion here is centred on supporting David Amess as a politician, but how tragic and appalling his senseless murder was.

ctk
    Free Member

Owen Jones brilliant on 5live just a minute a go.

ctk
    Free Member

The premise of the phone in was language used towards MPs and by MPs (eg Angela Rayner). He flipped it to talk about how the media talk about Muslims, trans people, refugees etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘MP Sir David Amess – RIP –’ is closed to new replies.