• This topic has 42 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Moyles on't radio
  • As mentioned in another thread he seems to have resurfaced on Radio X or whatever it’s called.

Oh my lord – it’s exactly the same tired format and ‘team’ as his show on radio 1. He still uses some of the same intro/jingles.

I’m sure he thinks it’s a tongue in cheek pop at the beeb, but it just comes across as sour grapes.

And he’s still crap – and egotistical.

What a nob!

CountZero

At least he’s not somewhere I’m ever likely to come across the fat muppet by accident.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Worse than ISIS

philxx1975
    Free Member

I quite like his style of radio

bearnecessities

Worse than ISIS

Steady, he’s no Johnny Vaughan.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Steady, he’s no Johnny Vaughan.Paddy Kielty

FTFY 😉

Daffy

I liked and miss Moyles. Far better than Grimmy.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Used to listen religiously back in the day but the new incarnation (bar Rob DJs pub quiz) isn’t as entertaining, reckon I’ve gotten older / moved on. Back to radio Five these days when there’s a good discussion on…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Johnny Vaughan is on later. They insist on listening to it at work. Very meh.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Out of the two he knocks ‘Grimmy’ into a cocked hat.
    Listened to Johnny Vaughan the other night and he is truely terrible.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Out of the two he knocks ‘Grimmy’ into a cocked hat.

Yes. I imagine two simple minded men, in the works van, listening to Moyles on the way to a job, would often share a laugh together.

The same can’t be said of Grimmy. He’s too gay.

bearnecessities

*runs away from thread*

Rorschach
    Free Member

*walks away from homophobic ****t*

rOcKeTdOg

Is he still the saviour of R1?

Used to be great on the v early breakfast show back In the 90’s

Leku
    Free Member

He’s too gay.

Is that meant to be an insult?

trademark
    Free Member

He’s too gay

Don’t mince yer words Dave …

Is that meant to be an insult?

I don’t think Grimmy uses this forum

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sorry, it was just a joke re. the typical moyles listenership and the controversy surrounding his “homophobic” gay comment he made some years ago.

Just trialling new material. Looks like it hasn’t gone down well.

trademark
    Free Member

I got it Dave 🙂

barkm
    Free Member

I don’t get it, are you being forced to listen?

DezB
    Free Member

Christ knows how he got another job. His pathetic attempt at a youtube channel proved no-one was interested in the stupid twonk.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

gaycurious?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

barkm – Member
    I don’t get it, are you being forced to listen?

What if you’re in the crew cab on the way to site?

“Moylsies back on” “he’s a **** ledg-end” “put moylsie on” “what do you mean you want to listen to Grimmy? You gay or something? Take a look at todays page 3 mate; she’ll turn you straight”

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Love the show, can’t believe it’s back. Proper laugh out loud journeys to work (when I drive)

And he’s been number one iTunes podcast download for 9 weeks. Success or what!

fasthaggis

I am more shocked,that nobody has mentioned that massive talent….Vernon Kay.

project
    Free Member

both of them come over as me me me personalties, without any personality,or humour

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Moyles has a character on the show. He always moans about the show and slags them off but still listens…..abit like these forum dwellers.

jools182
    Free Member

Project +1

All I hear is ‘I was at a party at the weekend with Noel Gallagher/Rita Ora/Mark Ronson blah blah London blah blah X-Factor’

The pair of wazzocks

Both extremely irritating

wrecker
    Free Member

Happened across the moyles show a few weeks ago – he sounded bored and disinterested. Kielty is a dullard. Grimmy is a complete ****, anyone over 14 should not be listening to him, it really is a childs show. So that leaves Evans or Keaveney……. 😐

jimdubleyou

We listen to Absolute in the mornings. Christian O’Connell – least offensive of the morning DJs and occasionally funny.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cheers Jim, I’ll check it out.

lucky7500

Out of interest, does anyone know when the unbearable ‘ker-azy’ breakfast show style first started? I’ve always assumed that it’s an American thing…

jimdubleyou

Out of interest, does anyone know when the unbearable ‘ker-azy’ breakfast show style first started? I’ve always assumed that it’s an American thing…

I bet it was that **** Edmonds.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Surely Everett

bruk

Well at least I know where he is now and can easily avoid him.

I am obviously not his target audience but I can’t stand his style and his projected personality.

Thanks for the info.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think it was Steve Wright who started Zoo Radio format over here. Then the breakfast crew picked it up.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I quite liked Moyles on Radio 1 and have given his new show a go, I don’t mind it but just prefer the Absolute Radio these days, really like Frank Skinner on Absolute as well.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Absolute radio. Radio One is dead to me now the charts have gone from a Sunday night.
    I can feel Radio Two on the horizon but not prepared to go there without a fight.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

I only ever listened when in someone else’s car / van and it used to make my ears vomit!! Wasn’t so much Moyles’ bullshit, more the incredibly irritating sycophantic entourage chuckling along to all his bullshit! wtf was ‘comedy’ Dave all about. Made me wanna chew glass.

Coyote
    Free Member

Used to be an avid XFM listener. Then along came the “Radio X” makeover and the new DJs; Moyles, Kay and Vaughan. 🙄 Sill listen on Saturday morning but that’s it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Moyles on't radio’ is closed to new replies.