Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Moyles longest ever radio show
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Whether you like him or not they’re 27 hours in and have made £425,000 for Comic Relief so far.
    Well done to them I say.

philconsequence
    Free Member

+1

been really entertaining to watch and its nice not to have to turn the radio off at 10 when mini-whiley comes on the radio. even made scot mill’s show worth keeping on!

well done to them, mrsconsequence has been awake the whole time with man-flu and its kept her entertained so i dont have to, worth donating to for that reason alone 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Amazingly it actually makes quite interesting watching. I suspect it might be like watching a slow motion car crash if they go for 50 hours (which I think they will).
    They’ll top £500k in the next hour and I think they ‘might even get £1m if they go for the world record………. which would be a brilliant result

philconsequence
    Free Member

agreed, definitely interesting watching. dave looks like he’s struggling at the moment that’s for sure

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought he spat his dummy a while back??
    27 hours is good going, it’s the quantity not the quality that counts.

philconsequence
    Free Member

nope, typical media reaction to something they didnt actually listen to properly. still there, still going strong 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Moyles longest ever radio show

What the hell has the UK done to deserve that? And collectively, how much did listeners raise for putting up with him for so long?

DezB
    Free Member

Phew, managed to miss every second of that torture.
    I bet he’d make more money if he did a sponsored silence for a year. I’d sponsor him for that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well I think he’s quite funny, but then again I don’t like PJHarvey, wear sandles or think that VAG cars are in any way cool.

lunge

He has to be applauded for it, it’s a long time to stay awake ignoring whether you like him or not.

The “red button” coverage is strangely addictive as well, no one seems to be doing anything but you still can’t help but watch.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Moyles longest ever radio show

really? I’m sure I spent a week listening to one the other morning

bigG
    Free Member

Fair play to him it’s a good effort. Shame he’s such an insufferable knob that I find 30secs of him too much.

zokes
    Free Member

Well I think he’s quite funny, but then again I don’t like PJHarvey, wear sandles or think that VAG cars are in any way cool.

Well, not everyone has taste, I suppose….

Cougar

They’ve broken half a million now. I reckon they’ll double that.

They had Jon Culshaw on earlier, who was really on form. Enjoyed that.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I suspect he was referring to her choones

Cougar

Well, not everyone has taste, I suppose….

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’d give him £1000 if he could have done the whole thing without saying “REEEEALLY?????”

REALLY GETS ON MY TITS!!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well I like PJ Harvey and vag. I wonder if the two could be combined…

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s nothing, I haven’t been listening to him for 37 years!

Thanks for that fascinating insight, were youtrying to make a point of some sort though?

finbar
    Free Member

As a PJ Harvey (especially “Stories from the city…”) and Chris Moyles fan, i’m also slightly puzzled. After all, you hardly listen to the Chris Moyles show for the music.

Oh, I’d quite like a Fabia VRS too.

zokes
    Free Member

After all, you hardly listen to the Chris Moyles show for the music.

Ironically, he’s actually quite a good way to make chartfactor tripe sound listenable – however bad the music may be, it’s always going to be infinitely better than his moronic noise

sharkbait
    Free Member

So 37 hours done and £1 million raised so far – regardless of what you may think of him, this is brilliant (I see The One Show have managed to raise £250k in two weeks or something).
    Seems like they’re going through to 10;30 for the world record (and £1.5m?)

Cougar

I thought the world record was like 150 hours or something mental?

Either way, I fully expect him to still be there tomorrow morning.

Cougar

Just stuck him on the “red button”, gotta say, he doesn’t look like someone who’s been at work for day and a half.

Cougar

Also,

Isn’t One Extra utter gash? Dear me. Reminds me of Amiga NoiseTracker mods.

Pook

I used to love my Amiga. It still works.

Cougar

Should’ve got an ST.

etc.

Houns

I like the bloke, though stopped listening to the show as the music was getting worse (Radio 1 playlist cr@p)At least they are playing some decent tunes now they’ve teamed up with 1Xtra (that Nero tune is superb)
    Loving watching this on the Red Button, awesome achievement, i’d be asleep in a corner by now.

CountZero

I’ve been trying to work out what point that quote was trying to make, and I still haven’t come a y closer to making any kind of rational connection between Peej, sandals and VAG cars.
    While I’m glad they’ve raised so much money, I really couldn’t have listened to any of that, Moyles makes me homicidal.

Houns

I think he was trying to say that the typical stwer will not be the type of person to listen to him, I’d agree

Some more good tunes now with Jaymo and Andy George

wrightyson
    Free Member

Please define typical stwer, I feel somewhat an outsider now as I listen to him most mornings!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve been catching the odd hour when driving a long commute and I reckon Chris and Dave are doing a brilliant job. Dave is really loosing his voice now but apparently Chris has stood up for the whole time on air so far. I really hope they get to the 52hr target. Moyles is a mouthy bugger but I happen to quite like the chap mostly, and you can’t knock him for not working hard….

atlaz
    Free Member

I applaud the charity stuff but I can’t stand listening to him.

Andituk
    Free Member

Anyone else find the red button feed fascinating? I like Moyles, and I like the music, but its something about the watching how they work, when normally they’re just voices thats strangely addictive to watch.

CaptJon
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    Please define typical stwer, I feel somewhat an outsider now as I listen to him most mornings!!

I like him too and listen most mornings once the first politician comes on Radio 4. The red button has been oddly addictive.

sc-xc

I have not listened to him before – but am finding this very compelling. I think they are all coming across very well, and seem genuinely humbled with the response.

Good on ’em I reckon.

eth3er
    Free Member

Red button viewing is really addictive. Hope they make their target.

Daffy

40+ hours at work and doing well I’d say…. 40+ hours standing up and doing your job!

Proper trooper and doing what celebrities should do, use their fame to help others.

100% Superstar!

I’m amazed at how business like his actions are while broadcasting, he sound like he’s just ducking around on the radio, but is very professional when you actually see it on the RB.

sweez
    Free Member

I think he is doing a fantastic thing for charity and I actually quite enjoy his shows, sometimes a bit much at 7am to be honest but everyone to their own, but this you have to applaud! And yes the red button is irrisistable. Like Comedy Dave I’m off to bed, bet they’re still going tomorrow for their breakfast show. Fair play to them and if anyone wants to criticise, lets show more reasons than he’s a T**T

scotia
    Free Member

47hrs +…and the amount raised is amazing..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Moyles longest ever radio show’ is closed to new replies.