Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Moving Washing Machine without Transit/Shipping Bolts?
  • Digger90
    Free Member

Hi All, we are moving house in a couple of weeks’ time and (of course) we no longer have the transit bolts for our Bosch washing machine.

What’s the best way to move it without causing damage?

Or should I just buy new transit bolts for it?

dave661350

We took a washer, without the transit bolts, 750 miles in the back of our car….no issues at all. Just drive carefully and avoid speed bumps/potholes

Digger90
    Free Member

We’re using a proper removals company….

136stu
    Free Member

You could take the back off and stuff old jumpers or bedding around the drum.

tsd
    Free Member

Last two times we moved, I struggled to get the transport bolts back in our cheap Beco washing machines. And both then leaked. Getting the bolts back in my mother’s Miele was a lot easier, and it went 1200 miles in the movers lorry no problem and no leaks.

The bolt for Bosch seem to range from £5-10. I’d buy the bolts, it’s cheap insurance. Then keep them.

tthew

I wouldn’t worry if you’re using a proper removals company. I’m sure they will be used to handling stuff that’s a lot more fragile and valuable than a washing machine.

Digger90
    Free Member

Ok, thanks all. I’ve found the bolts online for about £20 so will just buy a new set. As you say, its good insurance.

…and I won’t EVER throw away transit bolts again! 😐

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve never used the bolts to move one, mostly recently when bought a second hand one. No issues at all.
    I take the weight off for easy loading/unloading by one person

Cougar

I always assumed they were more required for transit from China rather than from two towns over?

stumpyjon

I’m with Cougar, I think they are for the nine week trip from Asia plus all the rough handling in warehouses etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Moving Washing Machine without Transit/Shipping Bolts?’ is closed to new replies.