• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Moving to Inverness!
  • murf
    Free Member

I was brought up in Fort William and then moved to Glasgow when i was 20. 13 years, a wife and 2 kids later and we were planning moving back up north in the near future. I applied for a cracking job on the off chance and today they phoned to say that i was just the chap they were looking for! Gulp!

So, a few opinions on the following things please:

Where to stay in Inverness? I know the place fairly well as i have visited often but where is all the good MTBing (near the town i mean, I’ve been to Laggan and Aviemore etc)and where is a good area to live?

What should we do with our house? Bought almost 3 years ago (pre children!) we would probably not break even. It wouldn’t leave us in neg equity but i don’t want to throw away any of the deposit for a new place!
    Any one got experience/advice on renting out our house and then renting a house up the road? A company such as Northwood that deal with everything to do with the tenants would be ideal but they don’t seem to have many good reviews on google.
    Should we just shove the house on the market and get a bridging loan after we buy somewhere in Inverness?

I thought we were busy enough having a 2 year old and a 6 week old without having to move to the other end of the country and start a new job too, will be worth it in the long term i hope 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Moving to Inverness!’ is closed to new replies.