Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • moving to Glasgow – location help needed!
  • ctredget
    Free Member

So my career has taken me to a job that means I’m moving to Glasgow in the next month or so. I need some advice, I am a young single professional and want to live somewhere with a lot to do/ people to meet. I will also be looking to commute on my bike, office is near Alexandra parade.

Could anyone give me any advice on where to rent, budget is up to £750 a month and I’m looking for a 1/2 bed flat.

tomd
    Free Member

You could look for a flat in the city centre, that would be close-ish to Alexandra Parade. Otherwise, the West End of the city is popular.

So G1-4 postcodes for city centre

G11/12/13/20 for west end.

£750 should get you something pretty good. Good & parking will maybe push the budget a little.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Merchant city, that’d be my choice. Anywhere between Ingram st and high st.

argee

Gorbals is a place that young professionals were crowding towards when i lived in Glasgow a few years back, loads of nice, newish flats and close proximity to Alexandra Parade and the centre.

steveoath
    Free Member

If your looking to commute on bike southside is an option. Mt Florida, kings park, cathcart etc.

properbikeco
    Free Member

Yorkhill was good when we stayed there, near the park and easy access for riverside cycling routes

iainc

City centre good, west end good buzz and pricey. South side good and a bit less expensive. North and east have good parts but generally less so.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Holy jamoly! Not a mention of East Kilbride from IainC! That must have been a right belt on the head!.

iainc

Nobeer – aye, but even in my wildest madness I couldn’t reccomend EK to single young proff working in town 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

If your looking to commute on bike southside is an option. Mt Florida, kings park, cathcart etc

There’s a southside in Glasgow? My A-Z just says “There be Dragons” on the other side of the river.

Merchant City is a good shout as above.

peterfile
    Free Member

Park district every time. £750-800 will only get you a 1 bed, but all the rooms will be large.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘moving to Glasgow – location help needed!’ is closed to new replies.