Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Moving house, what have you been left ?
  • sprootlet
    Free Member

Hi
    Finally taken the big step of buying a house and we moved in last week.
    Apart from inches of filth that was left for us (took 5 days of 12hrs a day cleaning) we also got left some "stuff" and I wondered what interesting things had been left in your homes…
    We were left a broken dishwasher, hoover (never used judging by the state of the house), wedding and school photos, baby scans, broken sofa bed.
    Then we found the husband's cricketing box, KY jelly, vibrator and cock ring with C stimulator attached …..
    Guys at work thought the last few items were definitely not normally left, what do you think ?

Drac

Send the previous owner.

A few tools and that's about it.

djglover
    Free Member

A mate found a Kona Stinky in the garage when he moved in!

Flaperon

Definitely post them back to previous owner.

vinnyeh

First house- half a gallon of homemade damson wine as a moving present.
    Current house, half case of champagne (very welcome), and keyring with the estate agents details on it, ffs!

gusamc
    Free Member

With my very first flat I got fully intact white/yellow/blue metal keep left bollard, now serving as a garden ornament.

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope you're using gloves…

I found a rubbish lampshade and lots of dust.

d4
    Free Member

Stash of 80's pr0n and a 3' plastic spark plug.

eddie11
    Free Member

first house – a golf putter and a pair of crutches
    2nd – smell of cat piss on every carpet in every room. lovely

GSuperstar
    Free Member

A group of us paintballers (Same Team), decided to get a house together which was previously occupied by a gay couple, and our captain shotgunned the largest bedroom, and upon cleaning found under the matress a 'how to practice gay safe sex' leafet with lube included. It was the next day clearing out his wardrobe that the necklace with a metal emblem saying 'suck me' was found 🙂

The photos we took are now firmly tagged to said captain on facebook so it's not only us enjoying the humour 🙂

TomO

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

Found hisoric technical drawings of one of the first ever water planes in the attic, donated those to a musuem and the face and workings of a nice grandfather clock which went to a restorer, last house I only got some old composters, and a mirror… oh and a knackered mains sewer(thanks)that should have been £12k to replace but in the end cost me £1.5k and three days of hard work!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A fridge, a sofa bed with little white stains on it and a cooker.

They took the light bulbs and left a fully working fridge.! WTF.

scaredypants

We bought a house from a gay couple

Not a butt-plug in sight, but they obviously used to like a party:

attic full of DIY fancy dress outfits – inc robot suits made of boxes covered with foil (1st time we called a taxi to the house the guy asked if we were'nt dressing up as the village people any more)

AlasdairMc

A paraffin lamp in one place

A huge box of butter flavoured salt and popcorn cones in a flat

A piano and air pistol in another.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Broken hearted

oh, and a bayonet my mum wouldn't let me keep

JulianA
    Free Member

Photos in the loft of the wedding of the previous occupant. Re-united them with the neice of the married couple.

rickmeister

Small pink camisole and suspender belt that apparently "he" used to wear down the transvestite club. Wife later left "him" for another woman and is now a committed lesbian. Wonder what her kids think of it all….

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have got a french pad a selection of what was left

French Communist membership cards fully stamped from 1961
    Communist party handbooks books from the 30's
    Bear traps (great for ramblers)
    Nipple pumps!!!
    Pictures of the daughters wedding (**** they were ugly)

and the normal shit

pault41
    Free Member

A knackered Rayburn with 1/2 " whole left in a 4" flue from burning wet n green wood.

A homemade bike trailer down the cellar.

A very dubious jar of mixed herbs stashed under the kitchen sink unit.

A jungle outside which provided enough logs for the next season.

Later found out fron neighbour that the previous tennent was raided on regular basis.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Some shonky diy which I am currently rectifying. Some crap curtains and a minging cooker. i wanted decent stuff 😆

spooky_b329

A 70's Sodastream and loads of glass bottles to go with it, two foot long sections of some seriously chunky 3 phase cable, home brewing beer/cider kit complete with 'Bobs bar tariff poster' and very old yeasts/additives etc, 1950's boxed respirator, and under the floorboards, a letter from the 1930's, some very old bit of formal wear (cummerband or some other starched bit of linen) and a chopped/sabotaged ring main. And about three other carloads of crap.

skidartist
    Free Member

A parachute.

bigsi
    Free Member

We were left a house covered in woodchip wallpaper which some git had painted over with gloss paint. It was on the walls the celling and even the floors in some places. Took us ages to get the damn stuff off 👿

Oh and a kitchen swing bin in the garden that they had used to poor fat & greese in to over the years,,,, it stank 😯

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Moving house, what have you been left ?’ is closed to new replies.