• This topic has 215 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • Movies 2019-2020
  • Moe

Went down to Somerset for granddaughters seventh birthday, we planned on doing something with her and her (11yo) sister on Saturday afternoon … cue dismal weather! Little Lily’s choice was to go see Frozen 2!! Bryony the 11yo has been posting a few pics of cars on her instagram of late so when I spotted Le Mans 66 on the posters, I asked her if she wanted to see Frozen or that <points to poster> ….. the look on her face said everything! Result! She loved it, I loved it, Tracey and Lily loved Frozen. Bryony is now looking forward to visiting Haynes Motor Museum with her dad soon!

domwells27
    Free Member

Just back from watching Knives Out. Very enjoyable. Star-studded Jonathan Creek style who dunnit. Very cleverly written, great showing from Daniel Craig in particular. Well worth a watch

halifaxpete

Finally got to see Le Mans 66 tonight. Loved it. Had afew ‘racing scene cliches’ but still a great film, Bale and Damon were fantastic.

ElShalimo
    martinhutch

New Bond trailer

That takes the spoiler trailer to new heights of ridiculousness. They’ve let us watch probably all the best stunts, the best bond-tech surprises, pretty much lays out the entire plot (yes, I know Bond movies pretty much all have the same plot).

It looks good fun, but I’d advise anyone wanting to watch it to avoid the trailer like the plague.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

First of a series of three lovecraftian adaptations.

DezB
    Free Member

At last! I’ve seen The Lighthouse at the cinema. Erm, pretty awesome really. In a WTF kind of way 😊

rone

Lighthouse looks great.

Have you seen Bait Dez?

DezB
    Free Member

Nope, not seen Bait, it’s not on locally anywhere.
    The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is on at the cinema I went to last night. Might go see that.

(oh yeah, sort of 2020 related, Force Majeure was on TV the other day, remade as Downhill, which is out. Force Majeure was fab)

rone

Movie buffs don’t dispair.. looks some new films have been moved to streaming platforms early for rental.

Trouble is £15.99 for a 48hrs is ridiculous.

They’ve missed a trick here.

Invisible Man too.

frogstomp

Recently watched Portrait Of A Lady On Fire which was excellent. Managed to get 3 months free on Mubi last month (currently 7 days) and have to say the curated selection of films they have had has been fantastic!

DezB
    Free Member

ooh, bumped 🙂

Have you seen Bait Dez?

Er, yes, I have now. I didn’t like it, for a number of reasons.

Portrait of a Lady was good. Very moody 🙂

rone

Er, yes, I have now. I didn’t like it, for a number of reasons.

Hmm. I’m struggling to build the energy to see it. I have it under BFi player.

DezB
    Free Member

I just thought it was like someone’s 6th form project movie. All the affectations – like the scratches on the negative, just so pretentious. A very unfulfilling experience.

rone

Ah. Thanks.

Too much stuff to watch so good to be selective.

WillH

Bump.

Just watched The Old Guard. Based on a comic, a different take on immortality. Loads of impressive fight scenes, think Matrix choreography rather than Michael Bay style nonsense. Highly recommended.

What else are people watching?

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Movies 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.