• This topic has 215 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • Movies 2019-2020
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just seen Hunter Killer with Gerard Butler. Thought it a action good film. Like the Hunt for Red October but a bit crazier but not in a bad way. And Butler wasn’t his usual psycho. A solid 8 from me.

strugglinon
    Free Member

Took the kids to see Bumblebee.
    Pretty damn good really and a cracking soundtrack for children of the 80s.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Is that the transformers spinoff?

Caher

Looking forward to the second installment of Infinity Wars.

strugglinon
    Free Member

Aye, it’s a bit Iron Giant meets ET but it’s worth a watch.

andy4d

I know its a long way off but looking forward to the next instalment of star wars.

rone

Vice will be the next one of major interest. Got American Animals to watch tonight.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is this restricted to 2019 released movies or 2018 movies we’ve just gotten around to watching?

If the later then I’ve watched Ready Player One twice and think both times now it’s shit.

Its not even a Spielberg film, in his truest style, it’s just an odd mashup of Avatar CGI crap and bland storyline.. I wonder, what was he thinking of when he took it on? Money? It wasn’t artistic endeavour that’s for sure..

And they’ll be a sequel, you watch… 🤷‍♂️🥴

DrJ

Went to see The Favourite last night. Really good, though not many chase scenes or special effects.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Still waiting for ‘The Irishman’ – supposedly coming out Q1 this year for awards or something, but not even a trailer yet.

Star Wars 9 should be good, well hopefully, 8 was shit.

regenesis
    Free Member

MIB International looks good

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hunter Killer

An old colleague of mine tweeted that “they’re just putting random ‘Man words’ together now” and a pic of a bus with the poster on the side.

I mentioned that ‘Hunter Killer’ was a kind of submarine, but that was ‘mansplaining’ apprently.

martinhutch

but that was ‘mansplaining’ apprently.

Did you point out that she was just putting random words together with ‘man’? Or would that have been too dangerous?

rene59
    Free Member

I hope you explained to her what mansplaining actually is.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I hope you explained to her what mansplaining actually is.

I decided the hole I was in, was big enough to stop digging.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Looking forward to Glass. Sam L and Brucie look like a good combination.

Sandwich

Cold War, black and white, with a fabulous sounding score and a luminous leading lady. Suspect I’ll be seeing it at home as the local cinemas won’t be showing it.

Cougar

If we’re including the arse-end of 2018, I thought the new Spider-Man animated job was tremendous.

I’ve watched Ready Player One twice and think both times now it’s shit.

The book is ace if you’re a geek of a certain (my) age.

MIB International looks good

I thought it looked pants TBH.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Also looking forward to Glass in a few weeks.

DezB
    Free Member

Got American Animals to watch tonight.

You could append your opinion to the ‘2018’ thread.

ElShalimo

Has anyone seen Free Solo yet?

PrinceJohn

Also looking forward to Glass in a few weeks.

Finally got round to watching Split last night. Really enjoyed it.

Seeing it next Wednesday…

PiknMix
    Free Member

The wife and I have just watched Green Book, absolutely superb film.

I also can’t wait for Glass, hopefully it will be as good as the others in the trilogy.

MrPottatoHead

Really hoping Alita:Battle Angel is as good as it looks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is a thread on it…

zigzag69
    Free Member

Wife dragged me to see ‘The Favourite’ yesterday – knew nothing about it. Absolutely cracking. Bawdy period black comedy describes it but doesn’t do it justice. Well worth experiencing – performances, dialogue, cinematography and music all absolutely top notch. Not sure about the dancing mind…

bearnecessities

Vice will be the next one of major interest

Don’t know how much of it was factually accurate but it was a good film to watch, very sobering, with one moment which caused me to laugh out loud 🙂

Edit: And ‘The old man with the gun’ was brilliant.

rone

This has certainly got my attention:

The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

I think it’s more than a b-movie even if it sounds like it!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking forward to Polar on Friday on Netflix.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Polar looks like a laugh

Glass just to see if M.Night can finally shake off his bad film curse (The Happening, After Earth, everything else after Unbreakable)

Obvs the new Star Wars, Avengers and Scorcese films

Other than that, Shazam looks like it might be alright, but this is my tip for the top

eddiebaby
    Free Member

This has certainly got my attention:

The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot

😎

rone

Oscars 2019 … Black Panther 7 nominations! It’s not even a good Marvel film.

If a superhero film from 2018 was going to be nominated it should have been Infinity War.

Roma is nominated twice for Best picture (Sort of) – once in the main category and in best foreign language film.

Roma could cause serious upset this year!

Glass tonight!

rene59
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if they gave it to a Netflix film, there is a lot of hate within Hollywood for what Netflix is doing.

rone

Yes – but A Star is Born is not up for Best Director – so that increases the likelihood of it to me.

Maybe one of those weird split years where a film gets Best Picture and not Best Director or something.

Hollywood will have to get used to it I reckon.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve only not seen Vice and Green Book out of the Best Picture nominations and I hope to christ one of those 2 wins! (Oh and Bohemian Crapsody, but I’ll never watch that)

Roma could cause serious upset this year

I will have to give that another go, but it was hard to keep watching a film in which nothing happened!

rone

I’ve only not seen Vice and Green Book out of the Best Picture nominations and I hope to christ one of those 2 wins! (Oh and Bohemian Crapsody, but I’ll never watch that)

What was Vice like? Didn’t see your report?

Roma could cause serious upset this year

I will have to give that another go, but it was hard to keep watching a film in which nothing happened!

I enjoyed Roma immensely but it’s like watching a carefully composed photograph that moves – rather than a drama.

rone

Just watched Glass. Really enjoyed it.

Shyamalan goes for broke on the wackiness and I liked it all the more for it.

Great sense of dread – although the institution isn’t particularly convincing and maybe there is one twist/add on too far but I still enjoyed its crazy snowball to the end.

You can sort of tell that there isn’t much budget hanging around which is to its determent.

Tonally it’s a completely different film to Unbreakable.

Music is fantastic.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So ripe for waiting for it to come on Sky Movies then?

DezB
    Free Member

What was Vice like?

I’ve only not seen Vice and Green Book

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Movies 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.