Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Movie viewing
  • mikey74
    Free Member

To celebrate my upgrade to unlimited broadband (for less money 😯 )
    I was wondering if there is anywhere worth subscribing to to watch movies.

I am currently trialing Amazon Prime but, like Lovefilm I used to have a subscription to, the choice isn’t that great.

Any suggestions?

peterfile
    Free Member

Popcorn Time is a game changer

mikey74
    Free Member

Please go on….

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!!

Cougar

Netflix?

peterfile
    Free Member

Please go on….

Install Popcorn Time.
    Watch movies.

🙂

Have a google first if you need to maintain your Moral Act Count in preparation for the afterlife though.

retro83
    Free Member

So they’re providing a high bandwidth VPN over which you can download and view pirated movies in real time for free? What’s in it for them?

footflaps

It’s peer to peer SW, so ‘they’ just write the code…

You’re sourcing the film off other users via the Bit-torrent protocol (same as iPlayer etc).

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

We don’t watch enough films to make a monthly subscription worthwhile so we just rent them one at a time from Blinkbox or Google Play. More like the video shop idea of years gone by but you don’t need to remember to take them back 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Reading up on Popcorn suggests it is open to malware and virus attacks, because it is open source.

Any issues?

Swelper
    Free Member

Youtubeonfire.com

thetallpaul
    Free Member

NowTV from Sky?
    I’m just about to stop my subscription. That is because I have watched the films I want to see ATM. I will probably swap back to Netflix, or use Google Play rentals for a while until the catalogue is full of new stuff.

peterfile
    Free Member

Reading up on Popcorn suggests it is open to malware and virus attacks, because it is open source.

Any issues?

If you’re downloading a legit copy of Popcorn Time, what would be the issue?

mikey74
    Free Member

Apparently, the original version is no longer available and other open source versions are available, but may be riddled with malware. Have you got as link to the genuine thing?

Also, don’t you need to hide behind a VPN?

footflaps

Also, don’t you need to hide behind a VPN?

It’s built into Popcorn apparently…

mikey74
    Free Member

Ah, so it is (just checked the website).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you’re downloading a legit copy of Popcorn Time, what would be the issue?

The legit version of a tool that connects you to non legit copies of films provided by random people who you can’t trace. Sounds very secure 🙂 Same risk as downloading from other sites really. Once you step away from the above board methods of viewing stuff there are risks.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Movie viewing’ is closed to new replies.