Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Movember/job interview dilemma…….
  • howellj1
    Free Member

I went for a job interview with a movember many years ago – I had this great ‘I’m only doing this for charity…arn’t ‘taches such a joke!…’ patter all worked out. Walked in and the interviewer had an enormous soup-strainer – it kind of worked out OK as we bonded instantly over facial hair and I got the job.

avdave2

Its quite common if you may be required to wear BA

My dad had a fireman who refused to shave his beard despite the need to use BA. My dad gave him the chance to do a full test in the smoke chamber which he passed with no problems at all. So he was told he could keep his beard and he went home and shaved it off. I guess he just didn’t like rules.

hora
    Free Member

Many of our clients ban facial hair on their sites…

Contractors / delivery drivers turning up with stubble are handed a disposable razor at the main gate – shave or don’t come in

So should everyone have a number 1 haircut too? 😐

Cougar

Contractors / delivery drivers turning up with stubble are handed a disposable razor at the main gate – shave or don’t come in

“Fine. Bye. You’ll be sure to explain to the MD why the entire company’s email is still down in a couple of hours, yeah?”

flippinheckler
    Free Member

He’s got one continuous eyebrow all the way across.

hora
    Free Member

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Its quite common if you may be required to wear BA

Weird. I’m pretty sure BA had some serious facial hair going on as well as the frohawk and gold.

trail_rat
    Free Member

1000ppm of h2s in air can kill you in single breath

Smoke ( although not heat) you will survive long enough to sort the leak in your ba.

Id rather have a well fitting ba in that situation.

Most if not all ba sets ive used have been.full face mask type not just mouth and nose. Except in the ukraine.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Absolutely keep it*, although you may wish to point out the reason for its growth, not because it looks untidy or unprofessional, more for the fact that its going to look ridiculous i would imagine.

*don’t turn up sporting a hitler style tache whatever you do…

turin
    Free Member

Rkk01 – what industry are you in? Just curious, that seems particularly harsh.

rkk01
    Free Member

Rkk01 – what industry are you in? Just curious, that seems particularly harsh.

We work with a wide range of industries, including oil & gas, chemicals.

Refineries often have a no facial hair policy – potentially dangerous places. You enter on the basis of following the rules

turin – have a look at this…

Venezuelan vapour cloud explosion

Make sure you flick through to the end of the presentation….

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Movember/job interview dilemma…….’ is closed to new replies.