Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Movember
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Anyone joining in next month?

sam_underhill

I wasn’t going to this year, I’m not keen on the enforced celibacy that seems to go hand in hand with growing a Mo. but, it seems like I’m being talked round. 🙂 I suspect it’s a yes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m not keen on the enforced celibacy that seems to go hand in hand with growing a Mo

Odly the missus likes a beard but not a mo 🙁

Did it for a couple of years, but I get a bald patch just under my lip so can’t really do much with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carbon337
    Free Member

Looking forward in hope that i can grow a full on trucker tache.

Last years thread : http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-else-grown-a-tache-for-movember

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep..this is us last year

adding a soul patch to mine this year

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have been meaning to for the past 2 years but then the enforced celibacy rears its head. But now Mrs Ache wants another bundle of joy it might not be a bad idea!

carbon337
    Free Member

You can enter a team – how about a STW team?

bigG
    Free Member

I’m signed up, happy to be part of a STW team if we’re going to do this as a collective.

This was halfway through the month a couple of years ago, it doesn’t improve with age..

here’s my hairy page

colournoise

Load of us at school (staff and 6th formers) have a team this year.

Not sure I’m actually brave enough to lose the goatee I’ve had for 23 years, so rather than clean-shaven >>> tache I might go close trim goatee >>> full beard instead.

slainte 😳 rob

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I would if I could but sadly at the age of 26 I have the facial hair abilities of your average 16 year old. Still have to shave though else I look a tit. 🙁

TheFlyingOx

Unfortunately, yes. The moustache pulled out of the hat this year:

Movember could be a pretty low point in the sex life of The Flying Ox 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

Ox – East London. Go there, you’ll fit right in.

TheFlyingOx

For the moustache, or the lack of nooky?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Had a trial run the other morning, went through various styles and looked bloody awful – the wife confirmed and agreed in no certain terms should I go out the house with a tash!

BoardinBob

Taking this year off. Don’t think the world could handle the ginger caterpillar every year

hora
    Free Member

Yep. I’m going for a big 70’s moustache.

Last year I was in the GP waiting room and a bloke walked in sporting a 70’s moustache- he did a double-take and we both :mrgreen:

Priceless. I’m already growing a beard ready to transform…

BoardinBob

Priceless. I’m already growing a beard ready to transform…

That’s cheating. You have to be completely clean shaven on day 1

hora
    Free Member

I know but I’d only just have a moustache in week 3!

toab
    Free Member

I’ve been experimenting with my beard over the last month or so, so i think i may as well hold onto the tash for another month. Might be a laugh and a good cause. Don’t have the nooky issue as my Mrs. is another bloke

trickydisco
    Free Member

So, it’s the 1st day.. everyone clean shaven and chosen their styles?

carbon337
    Free Member

Must admit to be carrying a bit (4 days) extra growth otherwise it wouldnt be much of a show.

sadmadalan

Will be doing it this year – along with my just 18 year old son. He claims that I have an advantage, something about being older!!

Smooth shaved this morning – suspect that we will be looking at a Goatee type!

BruceWee

Yup, clean shaven for the first time in a long long time this morning with plans for a splendid handlebar moustache by the end of the month.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Yup, signed up and clean shaven this morning. I suspect another epic horseshoe style mo coming on.

hora
    Free Member

Jesus- I shaved on Sat and this morning I already have a number2(ish) moustache.

andyfla
    Free Member

Yup, magnum tash coming up !

Dont forget it cant meet underneath your mouth otherwise it is a beard, not a tash !

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I turned up for work today after hacking off a weeks worth of growth last night to find everyone else has cheated and already have little lip hair.

Can I grow a Merv Hughes in a month?

Seriously though, it’s a good cause, all my paternal uncles have either got it or died of Prostate Cancer so to be fair I might need every little bit of help I can get in the future.

Pz_Steve

Or, if you want to do something that doesn’t involve whiskers…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/alternative-to-mo-vember

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am ready to look like a 12 year old boy attemtpting to grow a ‘tache 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve cheeted and left a few weeks growth, otherwise I look like a 50’s Spiv! Going for the chopper look this year so needed the headstart.

soobalias
    Free Member

its growing!

style as yet undecided. Ive not looked at the proper rules but in with a large group from the local who are allowing a weeks all over growth before styling.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

got a few weeks growth here – looking forward to carving it into some extravagant Mo at some point tho

ojom
    Free Member

Tj is one of these dudes
    Let you pick which one

p.s. we are planning a laggan trip in a couple of weeks…

soobalias
    Free Member

lots of stwrs that aint got the bottle to start from scratch then

ive never had any facial hair grow in excess of about five days, it was really nice having a shave yesterday and weird as **** this morning

*scratches*

hora
    Free Member

I’m going for this look 8)

I’m not going to shoot you between the eyes, John, I’m going to shoot you between the balls!

ski
    Free Member

I so want to do this one 😉

[edit] he looks a little like someone on here 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m going for this look

Weird that’s how I’ve always imagined you looked, have you got the chainmail wifebeater as well?

hora
    Free Member

A year or so ago there was a ‘look like Bennett’ night in London. I couldn’t make it but the pub was full of blokes with plastic knives and chain mail. I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the pics 😆

momo

I’m doing it, there’s a fairly big group of us at work all going for the hairy caterpillar lip. Unfortunately I’m half a day behind as I wasn’t at my house last night so haven’t done my initial shave yet.

JamieMc
    Free Member

Just registered now. Let the cultivating commence 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Movember’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts