Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mouse Wars – The Farce Awakens
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Made a curry for dinner last night and went into the kitchen cupboard to retreive a pack of Naan breads and discovered to my horror that the packaging had been nibbled and the contents sampled by a furry intruder.
    Cupboard cleared and edible contents binned including a pillaged bag of fun sized snickers and rodent wars have now been declared in the Panther’s den.
    Set a trap , baited with snickers, last night and discovered a bright eyed, furry little corpse this morning with a mixed expression of sweet anticipation and extreme terminal surprise on it’s face.

I assume it was not working alone.

Bought a UV lamp today to track it’s movements and try and establish entry routes.

Any other tips?

(No cats, ferrets, tigers or other livestock will be introduced into the ecosystem in an attempt to solve the problem)

martinhutch

You can never have enough traps.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIalNHin5sg[/video]

fasthaggis

Get tooled up and wait quietly for them in the dark.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Poison is the most efficient method. I did set a few traps for the satisfaction of catching one of the furry little bastards that had been at my fig rolls but poison is the way to get them all.

GrahamS

We had to lift the floorboards in the bathroom to remove a decomposing rat corpse.

Not a fan of poison!

bearnecessities

Set a trap , baited with snickers twisted humour.

Rubber_Buccaneer

decomposing rat corpse

That is the downside, not a nice smell 🙁 Mice aren’t big enough to pong as much.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Mice aren’t big enough to pong as much.

Oh, they can really, really stink. I speak from experience – one of the little blighters can stink out an office of 150 people!

DaveRambo

+1 for don’t use poison and the smell.

+1 for put down traps (not humane ones)

IME it’s difficult to find the exact entry point as they can get through very tiny gaps.

Traps also give you confidence that you are actually killing the little buggers. I guess them taking poison does as well but you get to keep a count with traps.

growinglad
    Free Member

Years ago when I were a Sparks.

We were carrying out testing in a police station. Opened up one of the main fuse boards to find a little mouse skeleton sitting on top of one of the bus bars and a small pile of fur at the bottom of the fuse board.

Not sure how long it had been there, but definitely not one of those things you see often.

MoreCashThanDash

discovered a bright eyed, furry little corpse this morning with a mixed expression of sweet anticipation and extreme terminal surprise on it’s face

You have so eloquently painted the mental image that I have seen for myself when catching them in our shed that you have brightened what has been a pretty **** up day.

Thank you.

GrahamS

I imagine Rupert Murdoch with the same face in the not so distant future…

slowjo
    Free Member

Poison….hmm.

We had a roof full of the little blighters. They used to start playing football, or tap dancing every night, just when we had gone to sleep. I put down industrial amounts of poison. The footy and dancing soon stopped…but it has got awfully whiffy!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mouse Wars – The Farce Awakens’ is closed to new replies.