Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • mounting webcam between two monitors?
  • MSP

Does anyone know of a webcam mount or webcam that can go between two monitors? I want to mount a webcam at my eyeline between two monitors, and everything seems to be geared up to mount them above the monitor. Teams doesn’t seem to be able to handle flipping the camera sideways so that won’t work.

tonyd

This place never fails to amaze me. I was thinking exactly the same thing during my first call of the day, about 10 minutes ago!

No idea what the answer is but very interested to her ideas.

ads678

Picture mount sticker things on the side of one of the monitors?

you can get some that donlt leave any residue when removed….

nwmlarge
    Free Member

It annoys me too that i’m always looking at the wrong place.

Particularly on Teams which has a crap selection of options.

zilog6128

Find a mate with a 3d printer!

ads678

How about this?

chaos

I’ve seen ones that are on a stalk which could fit that requirement

e.g. something like this?  https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/products/video-conferencing/conference-cameras/bcc950-conferencecam.960-000867.html#specs

Cougar

I’m curious as to why would you want to? You’ll appear to everyone else on camera like you’re permanently looking away.

smiffy

I have a CCTV bracket on the wall mounted so that the lens of my camera pokes between the two screens at about eyeline.

nedrapier

I have dual screens on a little shelf. Laptop lives underneath, but gets pulled out with the back propped on the shelf for teams calls. Laptop camera is pretty much at the junction between 3 screens.

I reduce and pull the Teams window down across all 3 screens so faces I’m talking to are around the camera. If it’s just one person, I have them pretty small and in the bottom corner of one of the monitors. Obvs have to maximise if someone’s sharing their scree, but then you’re not expected to be looking at anyone.

I tried a camera between the screens, but the gap between the monitors when working in spreadsheets across screens was more annoying.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m in the why? Camp.

Put it over your main screen or you will forever be not looking. How much work should you actually be doing on a call anyway?

If I am presenting big cad models etc I won’t be looking at the camera but no body would be looking at me. When I am not I just stare at the laptop camera and give my attention or turn my camera off put myself on mute and listen for my name…

ji
    Free Member

I use an arm that is a bit like an anglepoise lamp without the lamp. Allows me to have the camera where i want, and if I am presenting I can look into the camera (but actually past it to the monitor).

simon_g

I do single big monitor and use a little tripod like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MI5VMO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Colleagues with dual screens use similar to put a camera in between the two.

As others say, it’s much better to have a camera at your eye level and very close (or in front of) what you’re looking at. Desktop monitor will tend to be too high and built in laptop webcams too low.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A bit of bluetac on the top of the microphone. I can move the mic to be in front of any of the three screens so I look directly at it when facing the screen

rogermoore

I have/had this issue – webcam on top of the screen is like peering at the moon given my massive baldy head. Got a mount like the one posted above and with a bit of jiggey-pokery have the cam pointing at my (moon sized) face through a gap in the screens.
    RM.

oldtennisshoes

Put it over your main screen or you will forever be not looking.

It’s interesting how many folk on video calls don’t look at the camera – weird. That and the folk that never switch on their camera 🤷‍♂️

danposs86

If instagram has taught me anything, everyone looks far sexier with a top down camera angle.

footflaps

Are those white boxes covering up all the root passwords to work’s servers which are on postits on the botton of your monitor?

disben

Think this might be of interest

I saw this a couple of months ago, quite expensive but does seem to solve the issue well….

spooky_b329

If you have your monitor at the correct ergonomic height, the top of the monitor would be level, or slightly below the level of your eyes. Although perhaps that’s slightly out of date now we have huge screens, but still, the webcam clipped on top of the screen would only be slightly higher than your eyes.

If you are getting your bald patch/man cleavage in shot, the screen must be waaayy too high!

I also have my main monitor directly in front and the other to one side to avoid your neck feeling like you are watching a tennis match, so you are naturally looking at the camera as long as you have Teams etc on the main screen.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘mounting webcam between two monitors?’ is closed to new replies.