Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mountainbike Hall of Fame moves to Fairfax CA. I'm so going.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_23871593/mountain-bike-hall-fame-moving-fairfax-birthplace-sport?IADID=Search-www.marinij.com-www.marinij.com

I never visited it in Colorado, but I’m going to make a point of seeing it when I’m next over there.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bump for those bound for San Francisco.

Pigface
    Free Member

Very cool town I enjoyed cycling through there.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

most worrying thing about visiting it was seeing bits displayed that I still have kicking around in my garage…

oldfart

Went there last year and CB is indeed a cool town . It was bike week when I was there good vibes . I entered the WORLD chinless championship dressed as Winnie the Pooh !

RepackRider
    Free Member

Here are a couple of images of the building that will house the HoF.

Crested Butte is a wonderful mountain bike town, but it is isolated and inaccessible to most of the country. Deep snow cancels cycling for a third of the year. The HoF was housed in an embarrassingly small facility and the town didn’t seem to care that it was there.

Thousands of bicyclists visit Fairfax every week, both road and off-road, and millions of people live within fifty km. A town of 7500 souls, Fairfax sports two mountain bike pubs, two huge bike shops and a little one, and a public monument to mountain biking. Private singletrack is close to town. The Golden Gate Bridge is 25 km away; you can ride a bike from San Francisco to Fairfax in a little over an hour, and plenty of people do.

[

beagle
    Free Member

Looks like great news.

Frustrating though. I’ve always fancied a visit, never got to Colorado but have been to Fairfax a few times in recent years. Beagle junior is coming along soon, so we’ve realised we won’t be having any foreign trips for a long time, ie about 18 years I reckon!! Shame I missed it, but what better place for it to be. Ahhhh, happy times.

I’ll have to plan a trip for their 18th!!!!!

I hope you will have your own dedicated corner in there Repack Rider.

Edit!! And some Ricky Cha cartoons up!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mountainbike Hall of Fame moves to Fairfax CA. I'm so going.’ is closed to new replies.