• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem team types – Sport or Open
  • MuddyDave
    Free Member

I’ve never filled out on of the entries for these type of races before so never had to wonder what the difference is and I can’t see any definition in the rules either.

What is the difference between a Sport and an Open team (4 riders of the same sex!). Does it matter if I get it wrong?

Although I don’t need to know, what is a Expert in a team of 5 then?

njee20
    Free Member

Sport cannot have more than one expert/elite I seem to recall, which ironically means open is actually quicker. Could be wrong on that.

Expert has better prizes.

MuddyDave
    Free Member

Hi njee20,

It kind of says that for a mixed team of 5 but not for 4.

http://www.wigglemountainmayhem.com/entry/

What is a Sport rider and what is an Expert rider then?

njee20
    Free Member

If any of your riders have an expert or elite license you can’t do sport. You can either do open, or expert mixed. If none of your riders have racing licences of expert or elite you can’t do expert mixed, but can do the others.

MuddyDave
    Free Member

Ah, licenses! Right, I guess it’s one of those things that is known in the racing fraternity but shame it isn’t spelled out anywhere on the site.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes it’s sort of there, but it could do with the word ‘racing’ in there somewhere! Sport tends to be closer together, but slower at the front. Open t’other way around.

jelly
    Free Member

Still not clear on whether to enter Sport or Open.

Sport details “fun” ability, which implies it is an easier category than Open, which is the opposite to how races are normally classified, with Open being the easier.

We are looking to put in a fast team and want to make sure we go into the right category.

Any ideas?

Sam

Depends what licenses you have – none at all, enter Sport. At least one expert or elite and no women, then Open. One expert/elite and a woman, Mixed. Or if you just think you can win Open no matter what, race Open.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem team types – Sport or Open’ is closed to new replies.