Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem – cancelled for 2018
  • superstu
    Free Member

Happy New Year Mayhemers!

You will be pleased to hear we have been busy planning our next Mountain Mayhem. Unfortunately our hoped for sponsor we had been negotiating with for some time has not been able to go ahead at the last minute. We are disappointed of course, but instead of being down, the Glastonbury of mountain biking is going to take a leaf out of the Glastonbury Festival book and take a year out.
    This means we will have more time to speak to potential new sponsors (feel free to contact us if you know any!) and also to plan for 2019.

We want you to be a part of this, so over the coming weeks we will be asking for your opinions – it is your Mountain Mayhem after all!

Thank you for all your support. Please stick with us, enjoy the rest and look forward to the return of Mayhem 21 in 2019!

Just seen this (now on the home page on here as well). Presumably the sponsor was Go Outdoors again but they didn’t want to continue their support?

jonny-m
    Free Member

Properly gutted about this, I look forward to Mayhem every year, and this would have been my 7th solo attempt.

Hope they sort something….

postierich
    Free Member
    postierich
    Free Member
    superstu
    Free Member

Would Rich but it’s a five hour drive from Devon…

Only did Mayhem once and it was good but seemed to lack something. Pivot 2412 was for me a better (similar) event if I compare the two. Still very sad to see it go as I may have entered this year. My fear would be that a year out then suddenly makes garnering supper in 2019 even harder.

Be interesting to see how the Malverns event this year fares.

votchy
    Free Member

Be interesting to see how the Malverns event this year fares.

What Malverns event?

tomhoward

Presumably the sponsor was Go Outdoors

Iirc go outdoors had said last year was their last. Was going to be someone new next year

astormatt
    Free Member

@ Votchy…malvern classics is back.

http://www.malvernsclassic.com/malvernsclassic/

orangeboy
    Free Member

Oh that takes me back.
    Used to be one monster party
    And vague memories of a leathal wooden bridge

grtdkad

I may be naive here but is six months not a reasonable amount of time to find a headline sponsor or does this assume that all of the big corporates have their budgets locked in already for 2018.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem – cancelled for 2018’ is closed to new replies.