• This topic has 33 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by oink.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Mountain Cycles ………..Ugliest bikes ever
  • b_man
    Free Member

Have a look at these…. the whole lot of them are really terrible looking bikes

Any other brands out there that have an entire collection of bikes designed by blind leprechauns

=http://www.mountaincycle.com/sanandreas20]

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    Woody
    Free Member

That it truly ugly. Shame they’ve called it a San Andreas 😡

Northwind

That was probably quite nice before it melted.

rs
    Free Member

agreed, they look terrible and they made a big deal about coming out with new designs too.

loddrik
    Free Member

I quite like it, but then I love Mavericks.

But then I’d be pretty **** stupid to avoid a bike on aesthetic reasons alone…

samuri
    Free Member

That’s almost as horrible looking as a Klein, they’ve done well.

HansRey

i quite like it, but i do ride GTs and Marins. I hear the front ‘triangle’ or monstermunch loop is all carbon?

The zen and 29er xc look nice.

duntmatter
    Free Member

mazdarati

Agreed the new San An is a bit of a hound, but the new Zen is quite nice IMO. I think they just might ride really well though, overbuilt as **** so should be nice and stiff, and their older stuff like the Fury, even though it was absolutely ancient, was still well liked by owners & reviewers.

toys19
    Free Member

I think they look bloody great.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It looks 10x better than most members bikes i’ve seen on here. Just saying like.

7hz
    Free Member

Meh.

All FS frames look like meccano sets to me.

angryratio
    Free Member

I own two mountain cycle bikes, but both are prehistoric models, the rumble and the fury.

The new ones look a tad OVER designed…

I’d have prefered something simpler to look at… certainly the paint jobs don’t do it for me at all.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d love an original san an.

7hz
    Free Member

🙂

Dobbo

Klien Mantra

mudsux
    Free Member

anybody riding that san andreas is going to look like “a man humping a dog”.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Looks a bit like a cut and shunt between a Nomad and a Heckler, with an Evil Revolt-esque linkage design.

Not a looker, that’s for sure. Might ride nice though, which is arguably more important. 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Arguably…?

I’d sat it’s WAYYY more important.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Now then, now then, we can all forgive a bit of visually-impaired-vertically-challenged-Emerald-isle-denizen-designed cyclery, but how can you sit back and not pound those keyboards over possibly the worst front brake hose routing ever…?

tazzymtb

Arguably…?

you fool! This is self righteous track world, where only the look matters for those trail center hero types. Heaven forbid that they would actually do something as crass as buy a bike for it’s performance, I mean they would have no excuse for being crap riders then would they 😆

b_man
    Free Member

I agree that its all about the way it rides but every time I look down I would cringe about the way it looks….

slackman99
    Free Member

It’s nearly as ugly as:

showerman
    Free Member

my san-an hangs on my shed wall reminding me of long rides and happy days,think they went off and designed something that did not look like a run of the mill mountain bike i like their thinking but would not buy one bit to rad

mamadirt
    Free Member

Loved the original San An – never got to own one though.

Moho too – or maybe it’s just the orange 🙄

Battery was a cracking looking bike, purposeful, like a heckler on steroids . . . shame about the wacky steep angles though.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Arguably…?

Tsk. 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member
    b_man
    Free Member

Ah now that Moho looks really good

ashfanman
    Free Member
    angryratio
    Free Member

I love my fury.
    I looked at them when i was a poor student and liked them, then, they came up cheap on crc so i hit the fire button.

Rides well enough to make me smile and fox shock has made it feel even better.

The new ones leave me a bit cold.. too fussy.

oink
    Free Member

have owned 3 san andreases, 2 mohos and 1 shockwave over the years and loved the monocoque, but can honestly say that i’m finding hard to like these new bikes

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My eyes…!!! 😯

oink
    Free Member

what? did you miss the mid ’90s or did you just decide to skip the whole ‘pimp my ride’ with the latest kit

yes, the wheels were shit – broke easily
    yes, the forks were just big water pistols
    and yes red was never my colour

but oh my it was fun!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Cycles ………..Ugliest bikes ever’ is closed to new replies.