Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain biking skills days – where in the North?
  • Premier Icon mlke
    Free Member

Has anyone any recommendations for a MTB coach for a one off skills day?
    I’m sure that Jedi chap is good but think he’s way down South and I’m usually in Newcastle.

Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ed Oxley Is in Hebden.
    So not a million miles away.

Premier Icon mcnultycop

Jedi is worth the trip

Premier Icon chemicalali
    Free Member

I’ve been with Pro Ride at Hamsterley (which was decent), Max Neely (Endeavour) also works at Hamsterley and has a good rep though I’ve no personal experience. Of course from Newcastle you could head North to Glentress and check out Dirt School or some of the others who use that as their base.

Premier Icon centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’d certainly recommend Max Neely / Endeavour. I had one to one coaching off him last week and got a lot out of it.

Endeavour website

Premier Icon B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Pro ride guides do courses at hamsterley, very good the ones i’ve been on. Joe and his bro did the coaching sections in mbuk mag for a while and they’ve been official coaches to the mega avalanche series, in the past, so they have a decent CV.

Premier Icon P20

We used to live in the north east. Tasha went to see Ed Oxley (Great Rock) and it made a massive difference to her riding. She’s been a couple of times now. Highly recommended

Premier Icon FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think Ed is ok, but not great.

Doesn’t ask what people want out of the day, which is a major flaw in my book. And when participants are having to offer each other advice and encouragement too that says a lot

Don’t get me wrong you learn, but it’s not the best coaching I’ve come across

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking skills days – where in the North?’ is closed to new replies.