Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mountain Biking on C4 soon….
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

…of sorts!

"Action-filled series featuring ex-Hollyoakers Matt Littler and Darren as they travel the world to compete in some of the most dangerous sports on earth. This week, the boys venture to South Africa for the Urban Assault mountain bike race in Cape Town. Who will come out on top and which mystery celebrity are they bringing along to judge their efforts?"

Red Bull Rivals 13.10 Saturday.

Hicksy

hugh_b
    Free Member

i think the Athertons are in that program! Some sort of training for the guy out of Hollyoaks

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, at work and will watch it.

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh just get on and race…. Too much filler!!

Haribo
    Free Member

LOL

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

This is pretty awful

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have I been underestimating just how chanllenging mountain biking really is or are those two just a bit useless?

grumm
    Free Member

Wow they're pretty annoying aren't they. Should have made them do the Megavalanche 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

I think they're useless. Less dating, more riding. God knows they need the practice.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

She needed some bigger sun glasses

user-removed
    Free Member

I'm crapping mesel looking at some of those drops – they must be petrified (or they should be).

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Have I been underestimating just how chanllenging mountain biking really is or are those two just a bit useless?

I trust you were never a novice then? Wow you're the best… 🙄

And that course they are about to ride is probably harder and longer than some people here have ever ridden…

grumm
    Free Member

They looked not too bad at all on those wooden drop-ish bits earlier.

Were those Minions it just showed the close up of? 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I thought they did pretty well actually!

Just shows how having the right bike for the job really helps doesn't it?

Of course, a pro would have hammered them on an old lavadome 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'd like to see the entire cast of Hollyoaks given a kids balance bike and forced to attempt bender's 'Jaw drop'

Brother_Will
    Free Member

All that dicking about with the "dates" bit and he didnt take the 5 second head start anyway.

Fair play to them though they did very well considering the little experience they had.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I was impressed with how they both went over the technical section, many that i ride with who have been riding for years wouldnt tackle that.

However the program was a bit cringy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chunky, I asked a question, it's perfectly possible that they answer to that question is "yes, I've underestimated how challenging mountain biking is". Not really a surprise when I've been doing it over 20 years.
    Having said that, my comment was posted after they'd crashed in the UK and the novices I've introduced to the sport seem to be more capable that what we saw (which was obviously edited to show what they wanted). However, for novices, I was impressed with the way they were riding off the concrete in the school near the finish.

I may not be the best, but I'm pretty flippin' good. Thanks for noticing 😉

stumpy01

They did better than I thought they would over the techy log section, but I think that was quite a good illustration of right bike for the right job too.

There was one fairly high conrete drop-off by the school that they managed pretty well – I think I would have hesitated, but I hate drops….

ianpinder
    Free Member

does anyone know where that place in kent is?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Stumpy – i suspect i would have cocked up over the logs AND on the concrete drop on my 4" Mount Vision but with a big bike and very slack angles as they were riding who knows!
    Yup, right bike for the right job will always help!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Ian its russ, its near tunbridge wells, its ok but its nothing to shout abaout, they were actually riding the 4x track which has had alot of work done on it recently compared to the dh. The dh is just a mess of poorly mainted trails that criss cross each other.

ianpinder
    Free Member

cheers russ, don't have my doc up and running yet so will have to drag my nicolai down there and have a go.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking on C4 soon….’ is closed to new replies.