Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain biking in/near Barcelona?
  • paul4stones

We are going to Barcelona in the Feb half term and plan a few days seeing the sights and then a few days Mtb if possible. I’m guessing high stuff will be snowy in Feb but I guess there’ll be some half decent riding in the area. A brief google suggests a couple of hire places in Barcelona itself (not fantastic looking bikes admittedly) and some kind of online route sharing but just wondered if anyone on here had any experience or suggestions. Somewhere to stay out of town with biking from the door and connected to Barcelona by train, etc would be perfect 🙂

Two parents and two fit, confident small teen sized boys.

Thanks.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There has been a few posts over the last year or so about this, have a wee search.

paul4stones

Ah thanks. I was looking for that but didn’t go far enough back – how time flies!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Are you staying in Barcelona itself?, & where you fly in into again Barcelona or Gerona?.

paul4stones

So far we’ve three nights in an apartment in Barcelona and so could move out for a few days, there for the week. Flying easyjet to Barcelona not Gerona.

reedspeed
    Free Member

OK,problem is Barcelona airport is south of the city,& a b** tard to get too & from at certain times,there’s a large national park north of the city west of gerona,failing that I dunno,there shouldn’t be any snow, if ya went up to Andorra then yeah but that’s too far to travel just for a coupla days,I’d get a hire car & try the national parks,or go east up past figuearas into the hills,& call into Pals & say high to Wiggo,he’s got a place there.

It’ll be chilly btw! ..

paul4stones

It’ll be chilly btw! ..

Warmer than Northumberland I reckon.

We’ve now got a few days in Girona. Any recommendations round there for hire and places to ride?

timb34
    Free Member

Girona isn’t far from a couple of places on the coast with some nice riding nearby: St Feliu de Guixols (where I’ve been) and Roses (that I’ve heard about). It’s all XC-style trails in the hills, but good enough for a couple of days. Try googling town names with “BTT” (Spanish for MTB) to get info, like this:
    http://fr.wikiloc.com/itineraires/vtt/espagne/catalogne/roses
    or
    http://paraisabel.eresmas.net/btt.htm

paul4stones

Try googling town names with “BTT” (Spanish for MTB) to get info

Top tip, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in/near Barcelona?’ is closed to new replies.