Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mountain biking in Sintra, Portugal.
  • paul4stones

Family holiday in half term. Anyone done any riding round Sintra and specifically anyone done it with these folk:?

http://www.cycling-rentals.com/single-track-attack—mtb.html#.WJd9MMTfWrU

Cheers.

badnewz
    Free Member

It’s a good area, went mtbing in the area two years back, but not with the company you link to.
    Not so much mountains as lots and lots of hills, so you’d definitely want a guide.
    I’d recommend the red wine. Sintra itself gets packed.Lisbon is overrated IMO. The nearby beaches around Colares are very pristine.

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

I was in Lisbon the other week and took a day to go riding in Sintra. Thought it was **** fantastic.

Used weride.pt, partly because the whole operation seemed very professional, partly because they’ll rent you a Transition Patrol rather than a low-end 29er. Got picked up at the hotel (though I’d recommend suggesting meeting at Praça do Comércio if it’s nearby, as the traffic in Lisbon is hell) my guide was brilliant, and I was properly knackered the next day.

Just riding up the roads you could see trails popping out everywhere, and the fire roads and easy stuff were pretty nice and picturesque. Loads to see. Chances are whoever you go with and whatever riding you want you’ll have a great time

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bream
    Free Member

I’m flying down to Lisbon tomorrow morning and want to get out and ride Sintra tomorrow afternoon 😯

I’ve tried to contact the above companies but is there anyone else who could help me?

Bream
    Free Member

Sorted thanks to Fun Bike in Sintra 8)

Can’t wait to ride tomorrow 😀

Bream
    Free Member

Right, back from Portugal, had a great afternoon riding Sintra-Cascais Natural Park.

Have to give props to FunBike in Sintra, e-mailed these guys from Sweden last Tuesday lunch and they picked me up from my hotel in Lisbon less than 24hrs later! Wow…

The guide was really cool, 30 years of riding the area as a local, in fact I think he was the first MTB rider in the area, so an actual local legend.

The hire bike wasn’t anything to write home about but it worked, I think next season FunBike will have more higher end MTB kit for hire. Right now they mainly have high end carbon road bikes for hire.

Trails are different, mainly hard sand based, climbing on double track roads and then decending on technical trails; a classic being the Trail of Bridges and the DH/Enduro route Trilho da Pedra Branca. The latter being very interesting on a hardtail al low end bike with pogo forks 😆

Anyway, so so recommend FunBike in Sintra if you’re in the region and want to hire/ride MTB or Road 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Sintra, Portugal.’ is closed to new replies.