Mountain Biking in Serbia

• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by  Nick.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mountain Biking in Serbia
  • Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Off there in the summer probably, done a bit of a search for mountain biking but not much comming up.

Won’t be taking a bike so will need to hire, anyone got any info on where to go?

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Is anyone there?

judderman

dont be so impatient, your OP was only 3hrs ago!

globalti

I’m going to Serbia on Sunday. Been there three times and never seen any serious bikers out and about, people are too impoverished for bikes.

Food is rather grim, people are rather grim, Belgrade is rather grim.

But there’s lots of empty countryside and some nice hills. Watch out for burned out houses and farms.

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

yeah clever clogs, but there’s f all there and it hasn’t been updated for ages

rs

its not exactly a top mtb destination.

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

No doesn’t seem to be, not going for the riding, but it would be nice to do some while there, countryside look amazing.

rs

to be somewhat helpful, if your up for a bit of a road trip these guys seem to rate croatia and slovenia, might give you some ideas. http://www.sacredrides.com/tours/croatia/alpsandadriatic/

Hey Guys!

I have been to Serbia many times, and finally this time was able to get some mileage. Serbia is a beautiful country if you put in the effort. If anyone ever wants some help on who to connect with and where to go, please let me know. You will not forget it!

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

How mega random, just browsing the forum and bang there’s my thread from six months ago.

We had a great time, loved the place, didn’t take the bikes but did a bit of walking, has to be said that the rights of way and even accuracy of anything map like was interesting!

Would definitely go back, not sure I would take the bike though.

Premier Icon myheadsashed
    Subscriber

What tyres for landmines?

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

No evidence at all of anything like that, most of the bad shit happened in Kosovo and Bosnia. Had an interesting evening sitting on the Danube in Belgrade talking to a friend about how he had sat there listening to the radio while watching the NATA airstrikes taking place a km or so away.

Serbia on the left, Bosnia on the right

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking in Serbia’ is closed to new replies.