Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mountain biking in Auvergne, France
  • rups
    Free Member

Hey forum!

Going on a road trip soon, and passing through the Auvergne region in central France on the way back. Heard there is some riding around there, anyone got any pointer or suggested routes or areas to check out?

Cheers!

rups

jambalaya
    Free Member

No personal knowledge but stock resources below, it’s in the national park so bound to be some routes, paths etc

Vttfrance.com – select region and see if anyone has uploaded VTT maps – frustratingly these are generally only available from tourist offices, I’d you do get inept ease scan it and post it here !
    Utawagavtt.com – again search the region
    gouv.geoportal.fr – mapping, switch on IGN maps

Have a great time, I hear Clermont-A is very nice, have it on my list for a rugby match weekend (it’s one of France’s/Europes best clubs)

MrGreedy

What kind of riding are you looking for? As above there’s lots of XC stuff (and excellent road riding), there is also cable-car uplift at Super-Besse (Massif du Sancy) and possibly some of the other ski stations, but I’d have thought the lifts will be coming to the end of the season quite soon so might not fit in with your schedule.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Auvergne, France’ is closed to new replies.