Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mountain bikers on the road from Peebles to Glentress tonight…
  • Northwind

Long shot this but you never know.

Tonight at about 5.30, just after dark, there was a group of 3 riders going along the road to Glentress. Now I know it’s easy to get caught out without road lights when you’re riding offroad… But if you’ve got 3 riders and only one of you has lights, and he also has a bright yellow jacket, PUT HIM AT THE BACK.

And that was all I really wanted to say about that.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Nuggets

monksie
    Free Member

Wouldn’t they have been better giving the guy at the front a front light, the guy at back a rear light and put the bloke with the yellow jacket in the middle?
    The occasional near misses I have experienced are mostly cars pulling out in front of me from side streets.

boxelder

Aren’t they lucky you put your hazards on and sat behind them to see them back safely. Good samaritan award I reckon.
    😉

onehundredthidiot

or stay safe take the detour of Janet’s brae. Better taking longer than a BGH visit.

tomaso
    Free Member

Did you pass by really close so they could feel your displeasure?

slowclimb
    Free Member

Or if you dont fancy the slog up Jenny’s Brae take the shiny new cycletrack which goes all the way to Glentress.
    I live in Peebles and never get why people ride down the road to Glentress.

richmtb

Or if you dont fancy the slog up Jenny’s Brae take the shiny new cycletrack which goes all the way to Glentress.
    I live in Peebles and never get why people ride down the road to Glentress.

This

br
    Free Member

or ride on the pavement, which goes alongside the road…

slowclimb
    Free Member

Yeah like you say b r – or the pavement.
    However….if you do ride back into Peebles watch out for the bit just before the 30s where the wall suddenly juts out a bit, I wont make that mistake twice 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Pavment or road – lights aren’t an option when riding in the dark.

Muppets are the only thing i have to say about them.

I imagine they had £multiple k’s worth of bikes a piece too…

Northwind

boxelder – Member

Aren’t they lucky you put your hazards on and sat behind them to see them back safely.

If they didn’t have about 4 different ways to do it safely themselves I might have considered it 😉

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I know why it pissed you off Northwind but just look upon it as natural selection mate 😉

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I know why it pissed you off Northwind but just look upon it as natural selection mate 😉

Brake-neck
    Free Member

WTF double post !?!?!?

youngrob

+1 for slowclimb – it’s quicker to the Buzzards nest and you get to do zoom or bust on the way down.

athgray
    Free Member

Why has the short section between the layby and Janets Brae been tarmaced? Seems like a waste of money.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bikers on the road from Peebles to Glentress tonight…’ is closed to new replies.