Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mount Vision or Commencal Meta 5.5
  • DickBarton

Thinking of a new bike (still!) and I’m back looking at the Marin Mount Vision 5.8 but also looking at the Commencal Meta 5.5.1.

Would appreciate thoughts on these 2 machines…seem similarly specced but I think the Meta has an extra inch of travel perhaps?

Anyone ridden both and can compare?

iamtheresurrection

I love my Meta 5 (although just bought an 09 frame and it’s a freaking hideous colour).

Only complaint from most riders is the quality of the paint. Never found it a problem but did cover the swingarm and top tube with some 3M…

As Hora’s thread elsewhere – I find the Marin has WAY too high a bottom bracket for the way I like a bike to feel.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i love my meta. the wolf ridge/ attack trail would be a better compaison for the 5.5.

i have had a car park spin on a mountvision that didn’t fit but was a nice ride, nice and light.

I’ve ridden the attack trail and it’s really stiff climbs nicely, absolutley point ans shoot on the downs, bit of a slogger on the ups (as is the meta)

the suspension feel is different between the two systems, i wouldn’t say either is better, the meta is more taught and the quadlink really smooths the trail. both feel bottomless.

hope that helps.

mrmojo
    Free Member

I had a meta 5.2 07 model can seriously say it was one of my best bike’s.
    Swap out the bars a get god pair of lock on’s and your sorted.

I didn’t like it when they changed the swingarm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mount Vision or Commencal Meta 5.5’ is closed to new replies.