Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorway.co.uk? Reviews look good….
  • Premier Icon Moe

Found this site by chance and due to my particular circumstances* thought it may offer a good option for selling my car, the reviews I’ve seen look promising, any STW experience?

*Drove car to Portugal last Oct, should’ve brought it back at end of March (Covid f****d that), since then Covid still causing issues so have found someone (who needs to return to UK) to take it back. MOT needs doing as soon as back in UK then need it sold.

Premier Icon boombang

Used them to sell my dad’s car after he passed away.

They gave me an estimated price before their ‘auction’ and did come down a fair bit from that when their offers were in, much like WBAC, but the end price was still the best I found.

I’d been out to dealerships about buying it but no interest, including the dealership group that bought it, so they do have the right contacts and the price was fair. The dealer said they basically pay Motorway a commission so was gutted they didn’t buy direct.

Motorway however didn’t pass on all the details of the situation which caused delays with the dealership verifying it was ours to sell. The dealer on viewing said Motorway had not told them about the windscreen repair (invisible in photos but visible from passenger seat), replacement of which before selling basically took his profit out, but he honoured the purchased price regardless.

Their app / website is absolutely shit, the interface that guides you to take pictures seems to result in blurred images and replacing individual images is nigh on impossible (overwrites the wrong ones etc.).

I would use them again though, if only as it is so easy and you can always say no. Not as easy as giving car to a dealer in part-ex but prices in my experience have been slightly higher.

Premier Icon Moe

Boombang, yes I’ve been looking at the Trustpilot reviews and they seem to be very good at addressing/responding to feedback. Most of the bad reviews look to be down to unrealistic expectations of just plain chancers trying their arm!

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

Wizzle is also worth a look.

Premier Icon Moe

I see the other thread discussing a rise in demand and prices for used cars, things may be looking up!

Premier Icon Moe

Thanks Flaperon, have posted it on there …..

Premier Icon olly2097

“your car is worth £4000” online quote.

Phone me a day later without seeing car:

“£3100 is the best we can do”….

Sold car for £4200 to a dealer who put it up for £5300.

Premier Icon Moe

Well, after a few e-mails to and fro they (Motorway) were supposed to phone me at 3.00pm and haven’t so maybe not so good.

Premier Icon Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Funnily enough I used them about 12 months ago to sell my then 2.5 year old Superb estate.

They were significantly higher in value than dealers & WBAC. Process was painless & the dealer showed up when they should have done, with a low loader, took the car away & the money was in my account before they even turned up.

Premier Icon CountZero

Motorway had not told them about the windscreen repair (invisible in photos but visible from passenger seat), replacement of which before selling basically took his profit out, but he honoured the purchased price regardless.

What was the damage? A chip on the passenger side should only get an MOT advisory, and even on the driver’s side, so long as it’s out of an area directly in the drivers line-of-site shouldn’t require replacement. I drove my Octavia for fifteen years with a pretty large chip in the top right of the screen, with no issues. Even a small crack from a chip away from the driver may well pass.

Premier Icon Moe

Motorway called me in Portugal in the end and got the details sorted so, so far so good…..

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

What was the damage? A chip on the passenger side should only get an MOT advisory, and even on the driver’s side, so long as it’s out of an area directly in the drivers line-of-site shouldn’t require replacement.

By your metrics…. Big scratch down the side of the door won’t fail an mot so doesn’t need fixed

I guess it depends if your a reputable.dealer who sells quality cars or one who does the minimum to maintain max profit……

Premier Icon burko73

I just had some dealings with the car buying group or similar. The guy seemed decent. Sold it to the dealer as they upped the part ex price after I told them the price I was offered by the cbg.

Premier Icon drhackenbush

Sold my Touran through them with no problems at all. Dealer turned up had a quick look around car and transferred the money on the spot. Recommended them to a mate who then sold his car without issue and he was more than happy.

You just need to make sure you detail any issues clearly with photos. Once the car has sold you are not even under any obligation to sell if you change you mind.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.