Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Motorola Moto-G version 3.
  • deviant
    Free Member

Holy crap that’s a good phone!

Previously on iPhone 5S but 3 x broken screens in 2 weeks made me go for something cheaper until upgrade time in Nov.

Thing is I don’t think I’ll bother now, that lovely grown up Android OS is back, battery life is phenomenal, I haven’t run it down in a day yet like I used to several times a day with an iPhone (according to the apple tech geeks I’m a ‘power user’ so suck it up), screen size is sensible again (5 inches I believe) and I’m back to being able to send anything to anyone again without Apple checking if it’s OK first.

There is the slight problem of my near 1000 iTunes which is what made me move anyway but there must be an app for that right…. Oh and expendable storage how I’ve missed you, being shafted several hundred for the next model up because it has 64gb instead of 32gb is garbage.

With the price of this phone £130 I could build up a budget HT, go on holiday etc with the money I’ve saved over another iPhone.

kimbers

My wife has a 5s thru work and we both agree my g3 is better.
    When you look at the price difference is ridiculous.

40mpg

I use Google Play Music on my (older) Moto G 4G, I just copied and pasted the itunes music files to a memory card, popped it in the phone, job done!

kayak23

Welcome to the future… 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Love mine. Works so well.

kbomb
    Free Member

Going from a sony Z1, I find the screen a bit low res, but otherwise its great.

Nobody has mentioned that its waterproof yet either, which is pretty big for such a cheap phone. Chuck in jersey pocket, fret not when it starts raining.

I also really like the double karate chop to turn on the flashlight feature.

GeForceJunky

Has anybody dared to find out just how waterproof yet? I find mine starts running slow if you install too many apps, have to be more selective than I’d like.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I have a Moto X play which is great. What annoys me is it does NOT have the Karate chop “start flashlight”.

Why???

spawnofyorkshire

they claim water resistant not waterproof. Good to use in the rain without getting worried but i wouldn’t drop it in a puddle!

I really like mine, don’t find the lower res that much of an issue after having it a few months

kbomb
    Free Member

I put mine in a sink full of water when I got it, it didn’t really work underwater, and the sound was a bit funny at first, but no ill effects whatsoever. Most impressed.

I had to turn the karate chop thing on in Moto gestures, or settings or suchlike.

Other phone manufacturers could learn a thing or two from the textured back as well. I’d say its a fingerprint sensor away from perfection, but then it’d cost more. It probably should cost more anyway.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ooh this has just made me check my contract and its up next month, I have an original moto g and its great, so this looks like what i will change to

Easy peasy I hate shopping for phones!

Let the haggling commence!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve got a first gen Moto G, bought new from Amazon for £150 a couple of years ago. Honestly can’t see why you’d pay £100s more for a phone.

birky
    Free Member

Ooh this has just made me check my contract and its up next month, I have an original moto g and its great, so this looks like what i will change to

4th generation supposed to be arriving in july

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Bollards.

Why didn’t you lot post this last week before I sold my soul to apple for another year?

The moto g was on the list offered by work. If I’m honest I saw it and thought moto who? Wish I’d had a proper look now.

househusband

Just ordered one for the princely sum of £119.00 using voucher codes SPRING16 and then UKWELCOME10. I’ve had the first and second generation MOTO G before and have been mightily impressed.

matt_outandabout

They are so good, I have two. One for work, one mine.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Deviant, if you have trouble with dropping your phone or cracking the screen get one of these when your contract runs out. I’ve got one and they are awesome

Thats the droid Turbo 2 by Motorola, the Moto x force in the UK.

andyh2
    Free Member

It costs a bit more, but I think it’s worth going for the 2GB Ram, 16GB memory version. I found the 8GB of my earlier 4G version limiting, no such problems with the MG3 with 16GB + SD.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

I have a V3. I am pretty happy with it. Best smartphone battery life, I have owned. Does everything a 500 quid phone does.

twowheels
    Free Member

Re. water- my old v1 Moto G got submerged. After drying out it was kind of OK but the vibrator was dead, poor sound quality and crashed often.

I just bought another one (v2), which I’ve still got. I sold the old for spares on eBay for £20. Even if I chuck the current one it will have been good value for money.

Kuco

Has anybody dared to find out just how waterproof yet?

Slipped in the river at work the other day and went right under, my phone was fine but works shiteberry died 😀

matt_outandabout

A colleagues v3 has been in multiple puddles, and mine and hers are in rain constantly. No issues.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

There is the slight problem of my near 1000 iTunes which is what made me move anyway but there must be an app for that right….

Yep – as mentioned above – google play music. I installed it on my mac and it matches my home itunes account to google so can stream it all through the app on the phone.

Took a looooong time to sync initially though.

frogstomp

Great vfm phone.. biggest annoyance for me is the curved back which means you have to pick it up off the desk to use with any degree of accuracy. Other than that though…

g5604
    Free Member

I put mine in a glass of water, it was fine. Android update killed battery life was getting two days, now charging daily

mikey74
    Free Member

I put mine in a glass of water, it was fine. Android update killed battery life was getting two days, now charging daily

You have updated all apps and cleared the cache haven’t you? My battery life was poor after the update, until I did this. I now have ~70% left at the end of each day.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have a 2nd gen moto g and it’s been great. I’ve long said I don’t understand why I phones are so expensive when you can get all this for £150. My work phone is an I phone 6 so I can make a direct comparison too.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Just got a 16GB /2GB ram version after asking on here few weeks ago. Really impressed, very quick and great battery life.
    Less than 150 quid sim free on Amazon as well. IPhone 6, which is ultimately better, but not at 4 times the cost IMO, having used both now.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Motorola Moto-G version 3.’ is closed to new replies.