Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 448 total)
  • Motorist tweets of knocking off cyclist…
  • samuri
    Free Member

She’s not completely unattractive, she’s blond, young, breathing and a girl.
    That’s enough for most here

Northwind

unklehomered – Member

nahh, next 6 months at the most, can you even remember the name of catbin lady?

Nope and neither do her neighbours, colleagues etc, she is now just catbin lady.

scotroutes

That’s at least three more criteria than some folk on here require.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Driver is a muppet for her actions and the tweet.

Cyclist is a muppet for his actions afterwards, his story appears to change and his comments on her facebook page were quite pathetic. Did he come off or not, how do you go over a car bonnet, remain upright and not fall off? He should have kept schtum and held the moral highground. As it is, he has lost a lot of credibility and doesnt appear to have a good lawyer to help him regain any.

I predict she will now be being briefed by an expensive lawyer courtesy of her employer and receieve a caution from the police. Cyclist only has himself to blame that she does not recieve any greter penalty.

crankboy
    Free Member

i listend to the interview with the cyclist he certainly loses on the looks side of the argument but comes across as genuine and likable. I’d back his word in court over hers.

brooess
    Free Member

Driver is a muppet for her actions and the tweet.

Cyclist is a muppet for his actions afterwards, his story appears to change and his comments on her facebook page were quite pathetic. Did he come off or not, how do you go over a car bonnet, remain upright and not fall off? He should have kept schtum and held the moral highground. As it is, he has lost a lot of credibility and doesnt appear to have a good lawyer to help him regain any.

I predict she will now be being briefed by an expensive lawyer courtesy of her employer and receieve a caution from the police. Cyclist only has himself to blame that she does not recieve any greter penalty.

If this comes to pass then the whole affair will be a travesty of justice. Just what do you have to do to a cyclist to receive any kind of punishment?

billyboulders
    Free Member

The other tweets – 95mph speedo and photo taken of the smart car from the wheel – are not going to help her case with the police though. I know they are separate incidents but the police have unequivocal evidence. No reason why they cannot charge her seperately on these offences as well. With the highly public nature of this I’m sure the authorities will want to make sure they are seen to be doing something rather than just let her off.

scotroutes

As above. If the cyclist had reported it at the time and then stuck to his story then he’d have a lot more credibility. Knowing the make and model of car, plus the Reg No, would help when reporting it too. It’s just a shame that we (as cyclists) seem to have already adopted a victim mentality and that more of these incidents are just flying under the radar.

As I’ve already said – a lesson for us all?

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Cyclist not pressing charges, just wants her told off.
    Remains possible police might charge her with leaving scene of accident, hence why Mr. pin stripe is following her around.

aracer
    Free Member

You’re all missing the point that it doesn’t really matter who’s version of events is correct – even in her version she’s committed an offence.

samuri
    Free Member

As I’ve already said – a lesson for us all?

Yes, always report an incident.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve just checked back on the ITV interview, and her story clearly has changed “if I did cause any damage to him I would obviously apologise”. Not exactly the form of words I’d use if a cyclist had run into my car.

faz083
    Free Member

has anyone got a picture of the speedo? The tweet has been hidden

nealglover
    Free Member

Page 1.

Kunstler

I’m finding it hard to understand the cyclist’s account. You need a lot of momentum to go 20m through a hedge.

he was thrown on to the bonnet of her car and then bounced off, going through a hedge and in a fine piece of bike handling managing to regain controls of his machine and stop

Mr Hockley had decided to take no further action, “you count your limbs and carry on” he memorably told us. This being a digitally connected age though he did leave respond to Ms Way’s tweet by posting a message to her Facebook page.

“Oh hi! That was me you hit and FYI, you didn’t knock me off, I’m too hard to be hurt by a pissy micra or whatever it was you were driving.”

I wonder if the response* of this young lady, though she does seem insincere and unapologetic is because often those inclined to boast are also inclined to exaggerate their boast. It’s the same kind of rhetoric as the Clarkson examples mentioned many pages back and maybe reinforces that point.

*I mean in expressing remorse for the tweet and not the incident.

faz083
    Free Member

thanks

can’t stop laughing about “killer cyclist”

Just funny!

billyboulders
    Free Member

can’t stop laughing about “killer cyclist”

You’re right it is funny – don’t blow it out of “precaution” though you might get “severely bad named” 😀
    Ms Way, you are comedy gold.

antigee

The cyclist wasn’t injured and didn’t report incident to the police until asked to by them ?
    think he had witnesses as was riding with a club

– morally wrong to have left the scene of the accident but if claims exagerated what happened when tweeting and no injuries can’t see a “leaving scene” charge – think will end up with police saying “we’ve talked with her about various possible instances of poor driving judgement and offered her place on a driving awareness course” this will be followed by a daytime tv show lining up the young lady and the cyclist to meet up whilst viewers can phone and tweet in

aracer
    Free Member

I think I’ve worked out the point she’s attempting to make in the interviews. She’s aware that she could face a charge of failing to stop. She thinks that being stationary counts as stopping. Hence her comment about deciding she didn’t need to stop after she’d stopped.

creedy
    Free Member

How could she see him in the mirror? She hit him coming round a blind corner, he went through a hedge 20m, say 5 due to shock and adrenaline. She continues and comes to a controlled stop that is 20m+. Something not quite right. Think a lot wrong with her whole tale. Frustrating story as usual!

dan1980
    Free Member

As modern cars are made with out of a material with all the structural integrity of a soft cheese, there must be some damage that the forensic folk can find and establish where the bike hit the car, and at what sort of speed to corroborate one of the opposing stories here?

Either way she comes across as an unpleasant piece of work.

OCB
    Free Member

This is heading towards at most a caution now I’d think, especially as there appears to have been no contemporaneous complaint.

It’s tempting to drag in conclusions from that ’95mph shot’ – but where’s the evidence to tie it to an offense? I’ve seen no context to the shot – where’s the proof it’s her driving at that speed, from the one shot I’ve seen it’s just a white speedometer round at ~95mph – nothing to show it’s on a public highway – could have been on a track-day, or on a private road, she could have taken the picture whilst being a passenger in another [similar] car, “photoshopped” <i>et cetera</i>.
    Whilst supporting evidence could be sought (cellular phone data for example), I suspect she’ll just be ‘advised’ about it, an opportunity to point out the seriousness / danger of driving at excessive speeds and the like.

She’s openly stating that the I-knocked-a-cyclist-off post showed a lack of judgement, saying the same about this one isn’t going to dig her any deeper.

gears_suck
    Free Member

This is far to complicated for us lot to understand. It is now in the hands of our intellectual and social superiors.
    They will make a fair, impartial and metered decision on the case.
    Minions…..back to the mines.

klumpy
    Free Member

Just thinking though, we don’t actually have any conclusive evidence that she was in the wrong (on the road, leading up to the collision)

I’ve written and abandoned exactly that several times myself! Somewhere it was said that he was going downhill. Some roadies like to use descents to get a buzz, and the guy “didn’t feel the need” to report the incident, his response to her tweet was “I’m super hard, and your car sucks”, and his story has evolved from being flung across the bonnet and through a hedge (while remaining on the bike) to clipping the wing and having a wobble.

The young lady’s tweet “it was my right of way, he doesn’t pay road tax” may be two statements, with the mention of tax having no bearing on right of way. If asked what happened she may have said “The fool came round a bend on my side of the road and clipped my mirror”.

Possibly.

mattjg
    Free Member

She’s gonna walk IMO. Show’s over chaps.

swavis

I also have a bad feeling she’ll not only get away with it, but end up yet another pointless minor celebrity… 🙄

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think swavis might be right. She’ll be appearing on “Britains Worst Drivers” or some such nonsense soon, advising us all on how to drive properly.

D0NK

his story does could be legit, I think it’s all down to sloppy wording. Car hits you, your right arm/leg/shoulder hit the wing and top of the bonnet, you ricochet off wobble across the verge scuffing the hedge with your leftside for a while then regain control and back on the road. could conceivably end up “car hit me I went over the bonnet 20m through hedge back on road” and if I’d been hit and ended up off the road I might be inclined to call that “knocking me off” even if I did stay rubber side down.

The facebook bravado doesn’t help his case but wasn’t that prior to it all kicking off in the media, at that point from past experience the only repercussions the driver is going to get is him having a rant at her.

But yeah chances are she’ll “get away” with this apart from embarassment and a disciplinary at work, just aslong as she doesn’t ****ing profit from it (becoming minor celeb as mentioned above)

large418
    Free Member

Never got this “cyclists are a different type of people” shyte. Everyone’s just people.
    It’s only the small minded ignorant inconsiderate ones who categorise people who enjoy different things as belonging to another “tribe”.

wwaswas

There’s a song 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ka2yhNQjLg[/video]

D0NK

Everyone’s just people.

nope cyclists are an outgroup, I don’t think it’s a minority, there’s quite a lot of people who think of us that way, not a tiny minority, hence absolutely bugger all respect on the roads. You see it on cyclehatred, people sounding off about cyclists when challenged and it’s pointed out that it’s a person with a family, someone’s dad/mum/child and some haters change their tune and apologise. If they are prompted to think about it they remember a cyclist is another human being but the initial reaction is #bloodycyclists

LapSteel
    Free Member

I think the worse thing to come of this sorry mess so far is that song! 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

cant remember if i said it before on this thread BUT

drivers dont even respect each other…. cyclists have no chance.

ride defensively , carry a camera.

might not help me when im dead but if it provides evidence to get another moron off the road for everyone else then thats enough reason for me.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

without reading all the way through this, does anyone know where it happened?

Google streetview link to the corner in question?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Not that I’ve seen, I was wondering similar things.

brooess
    Free Member

If she ends up without the Police charging her for anything then our legal system has failed IMO. Failed to protect cyclists from callous behaviour from people when they drive. There’s laws discriminating against people for race, sexuality and gender… so surely such principles still stand in law for discrimination against a person’s chosen form of transport?

Whatever the facts of the matter, tweeting such a nasty message and the way she appears to be trying to manipulate the message going out to the general public/build a case to suggest she wouldn’t get a fair trial… suggests she’s not psychologically fit to be in charge of a car… and we need a clear message sent to society and other drivers who don’t care about others, that this behaviour will no longer remain unpunished…

I’m planning on riding both days over the weekend, I hope I get to do so in peace…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The worst thing is that if she gets let off it’ll say to drivers everywhere:
    Look, you can run a cyclist over, boast about it in public and GET OFF SCOT FREE!

But she hasn’t. Assuming she gets her job back, she’s still been shown-up as a bit of an idiot nationally.

This, it seems, means quite a lot to her. You did notice it was all about her, didn’t you?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Some roadies like to use descents to get a buzz

Could be possible, but Norfolk isn’t exactly full of huge hills and tight switchbacks.

nealglover
    Free Member

Could be possible, but Norfolk isn’t exactly full of huge hills and tight switchbacks.

Maybe not, but one of them was on the wrong side of the road regardless of how steep the road was.

We just have no idea which one of them it was.

wwaswas

we don’t know how wide the road was either.

so there may have been no ‘wrong side’.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Motorist tweets of knocking off cyclist…’ is closed to new replies.