Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Motorcyclist plunges 40ft from the Cat and Fiddle – gets up without a scratch
  • Northwind

I came in here just to post the Ride Like A Knob sign, and it turns out I already did, disappointing.

<edit- AND the story about the ambulance thief! FFS past me, you greedy bastard!>

carlos
    Free Member

Haha, Glad to see him done.

Most (not all) users of that road treat it like a race track. What a waste of money putting in the average speed cameras at the points they have, Motor cyclists just seem to hang about in the lay-by just up from Walker Barn, then session between there and the Cat & Fiddle Pub where I’m sure there is only one set of cameras!!

Northwind

Average speeds tend to take front plates anyway (so they get a face, for prosections) so ineffective for bikes..

Rockhopper
    Free Member

You’d be hard pressed to break the average speed limit on the twisty bits in a normal car but its fairly easy on a bike but the consequences of running a bit wide on the blind bends don’t bear thinking about.

A few years ago I was following a guy on a TL1000R who went into a left hand bend a bit quick, braked too hard instead of leaning it further and lost the front. He slid across the opposite lane (luckily there was nothing coming). I stopped to help him collect the wreckage and he told me that was the third time he’d ridden the cat and fiddle that day so he had a circuit set up and was trying just a little bit harder each time.
    Funny thing is that I’m Captain Slow over that road and when he came past me i carried on at my normal pace and stayed with him, the corner he binned it on was nothing special, in fact I don’t think I even needed to brake until I saw him slide across the road in front of me!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I don’t think SPECS “cameras” actually take a photograph – they just read your number plate and the Cat and Fiddle ones (and those in the roadworks on the M1 near J28) are rear facing.

Northwind

Rockhopper – Member

I don’t think SPECS “cameras” actually take a photograph – they just read your number plate and the Cat and Fiddle ones (and those in the roadworks on the M1 near J28) are rear facing.

Ah, that’s good.

D0NK

Good to see him done, no mention of the sentence though

thought it said sentencing next week…?

So from that report it appears he only came to the attention of the police due to posting the video (could just be BBCs spin on it I suppose)

points finger
    Ha Ha!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m Captain Slow over that road and when he came past me i carried on at my normal pace and stayed with him, the corner he binned it on was nothing special, in fact I don’t think I even needed to brake until I saw him slide across the road in front of me!

I know what you mean. It’s often quite easy to stay with someone ‘faster’ just by going smoothly and steadily. It’s more relaxing too. Bikes have such performance that it’s simply not necessary to use most of it to go extremely rapidly indeed, within the speed limit and quite safely.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Motorcyclist plunges 40ft from the Cat and Fiddle – gets up without a scratch’ is closed to new replies.