Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Motorcycle phone sat nav – is there an app that will…
  • Max…
    Free Member

Allow me to plan routes using waypoints along roads I want to travel (ie not be stuck with Google Maps pre-determined routes), upload this to the app and then have it guide me via BT audio (headset intercom)?

I used to use a Garmin and use the map planner to make routes and then upload etc but trying to achieve this on the phone.

kayak23

There is a work around in Google maps by creating stops.

chrisdb
    Free Member

There is an excellent app called Scenic which is designed to do exactly this. It also gets developed/updated pretty frequently with new features.

bigyan
    Free Member

On Google Maps you can drag the route onto different roads or add additional destinations to the route.

CraigW
    Free Member

Can do this with OsmAnd. ie create a route, with multiple waypoints in it.
    It can import in GPX format, so should be able to transfer routes from the Garmin software.

oomidamon

Calimoto is worth a look, it finds the more entertainig routes rather than most direct. I realise that this doesn’t specifically answer the OP’s question…

Max…
    Free Member

Thanks all – currently downloading maps for Scenic to try it.

Am I right in thinking I only get spoken directions if paying annual sub?

hot_fiat

I use MyRouteapp.. It evolved out of TYRE and is bloomin’ marvelous. You can choose the type of map you want to base the calculation on (TomTom, OSM or HERE for garmin), but plan with a different overlay (OSM, Google, TomTom, Here, michelin). You can then use their navigation app on your phone to give you turn by turn nav, or upload to a tomtom rider via mydrive connect, or garmin via the newfiles directory. You can also compare the calculated routes so if you plan using tomtom but you have mates in your group with garmin, you can tweak the route so everyone goes the same way. The separate phone app for planning routes is really good – allowing you to do pretty much everything the webUI does. Even has proper streetview integration so you can check that the roads actually exist (handy for spain and bits of italy).

superfli
    Free Member

I used to use a site called “tire” or maybe “tyre”?. Plan the route then upload to TomTom. Not sure if it’s still about? You could do waypoints for sure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle phone sat nav – is there an app that will…’ is closed to new replies.