Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Motorcycle advice please!
  • Chew
    Free Member

If you’re going to be commuting on it, dont pay top dollar as it’ll soon get wrecked. Good intentions to keep it clean, but that will soon fade after a few months.

Also i’d recommend something upright which will help you in traffic and avoid naked bikes. You’ll appreciate a screen in the wind/rain.

tootallpaul

mugsys_m8 – I like all those options, I just can’t afford them. For most of those the lowest price option is 5k.

I agree with you about the looks of the Zephyr- it is a little odd. But I like a little odd.

mugsys_m8

Which model?
    I bloody love MZ’s

ETZ251. It’s a bit of a mis-match: It has the rear rack, wire spoked wheels. Looks like the Kanuni’s from Turkey but is in fact German made: It must be one of the last ones to leave the proper factory. It’s on a K plate. Mint condition or was when I put it away in 1999. Been sitting in my parents garage since and Dad’s messed around with it a bit: bits of rubber starting to fail etc. Planning to bring it home and get it back up working this summer. It does have a stripped thread on the exhaust manifold which is straight in the barrel so that needs sorting: was going to try to get a 300 barrel and piston for it. Going to put the MZB ignition on it too.

tootallpaul

Passed my theory test!

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

what do you want, a round of applause? 🙂

Did you also do the hazard perception test today as well then?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Did my test on my instructor’s SV650, hated the bastard thing! Swore to avoid v-twins ever since

But you went and bought a parallel twin with a 270 degree crank which mimics a vee twin! 😉

You should ride more vee twins, specifically Ducatis, then get back to us! 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

the crank arrangement doesnt create the same braking effect as a vee though really. (I thought they only did it for the gurlge sound 🙂 ) And at least a Honda engine doesnt sound like its midway through lunching its valves!

tootallpaul

Stoner – Yep. It’s all in one.

One month till Mod 1.

🙂

tootallpaul

I have decided to hold off any bike buying thoughts until I pass.

I still like the Zephyr, but I think I need to test ride some bikes to work out what I like to ride…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Pah! don’t be so sensible! I bought my Street Triple because I thought it looked ace in an advert and was a bargain. did my DAS 4 months later.

mrmoofo

Just buy a Tuono ….

anagallis_arvensis

I would very much recommend not buying the 1100 wing. I have a gl1000. It weighs more than a small moon. If you drop that ****, and you will, you will need a crane to get it back up again!!

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, buy a Tuono. But budget for a new sprag clutch and a new clutch slave cylinder. And a new left side bodywork and/or handlebars/clutch lever/mirror/fairing bracket/screen for when the sidestand (that sits inboard of the COG when it’s down) fails and your bike falls over… 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle advice please!’ is closed to new replies.