Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • MotoGP – Simoncelli
  • mogrim

rocketman, you are no motogp fan, if you get pleasure seeing riders get hurt on the track!

Don’t like the riders to get hurt, but MotoGP would be deathly dull if they didn’t fall off every now and then.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Here another crash the dirty Sic nearly killed another rider.

Simoncelli fell off, bike spun on track, following rider didn’t see it.
    How was that dirty?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Imagine Sic with a catapult Elfinsafety would poo in his pants and properly spit his dummy out !

Sic=Sick, great rider, not scared of people trying to pressurise the new lad, just letting them know that hes not to be fukced with.

MSP

rainbow – Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxA6HE23fZ8

Here another crash the dirty Sic nearly killed another rider.

rocketman, you are no motogp fan, if you get pleasure seeing riders get hurt on the track!

I would love see the dirty Sic and Rossi have a big battle on the track, especially the last few laps for a victory, it would be interesting who will come out top and alive! seriously Sic is dangerous nutcase on the track.

He crashed coming out of the corner, EVERY rider in motogp has done that many times over, where the bike ended up on the track was just a matter of luck, bad luck for the rider that collected it.

Woody
    Free Member

I’m struggling to see how that vid linked by rainbow is in any way connected to what we are discussing.

Just watched the incident (and the replays) and wouldn’t like to call it at all. I think the points made re unequal treatment of certain riders is true but when you can’t get guys who have actually raced at a high level to agree then what hope do we have on STW ?!!!

the_lecht_rocks

thank goodness for Simo !

brought back life to mgp, just when it was needed.

spies is struggling, ducati are lost, need fisticuffs ala rossi-v-biaggi again.

too few riders, depleted grid, simo was robbed imo.

boohoo dani.
    boohoo jorge.

i love an under-dog pinning the ‘aliens’.

sobriety
    Free Member

I would love see the dirty Sic and Rossi have a big battle on the track, especially the last few laps for a victory, it would be interesting who will come out top and alive! seriously Sic is dangerous nutcase on the track.

I still find it strange how Sic is ‘dirty’ and yet Rossi, who I seem to remember elbowing Biaggi off of the track in the 500s, Nerfing Giberbau into to gravel and knocking Stoner off, twice, is revered.

They really aren’t all that different, are they?

Pigface
    Free Member

Side show Bobs Honda is not a second string affair, pretty much on the same kit as the Repsol boys.

rainbow
    Free Member

@sobriety, yep, with both Rossi and dirty Sic being like fighting pitbulls, it would be good to watch who will come out as a winner of the battle, hope we will see it this year.

Rossi had to bump Lorenzo a few times to pass him last year’s Japanese GP while Lorenzo pass Rossi cleanly and without touching him twice.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought simocelli did not allow Pedrosa any space – basically forced him to crash although I would have preferred an after race penalty if a penalty was required.

Simocelli cut in and pedrosa had no where to go nothing he could do

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

basically forced him to crash

No he didn’t. He passed him. Pedrosa bottled it, let off the brakes and stood the bike up, and clipped the back wheel as he did so.

Yes, it was a hard pass, but if Pedrosa only has himself to blame for crashing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

PP – the way I saw it pedrosa could slow down no more and simocelli put his bike on the same bit of road pedrosa was heading for and as pedrosa was at the limit he could not avaoid him

I think the drive thru was wrong tho – should have been dealt with after

cbrsyd
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

basically forced him to crash

No he didn’t. He passed him. Pedrosa bottled it, let off the brakes and stood the bike up, and clipped the back wheel as he did so.

Yes, it was a hard pass, but if Pedrosa only has himself to blame for crashing.

Yes he did.

If you watch the replays Pedrosa’s back wheel it came off the ground at the point Simoncelli was alongside him. He had to let off the brake but Simoncelli had cut in and given him nowhere to go.

singlecrack
    Free Member

so….do you think with Danny out for a while another rider may ride his bike for a bit …maybe a Honda rider…?……maybe thats not riding for the FULL factory team..????

just saying like 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

this clip appears to substanciate Peter Poddys point of view 😕
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWAvnlfAdQ[/video]

R979
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWAvnlfAdQ – EDIT: too slow

Pedrosa had the chance to back-off, but he didn’t. Then he bottled it, too late. If the roles were reversed, and Sic went down, he still would have been the bad guy.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I read an interesting piece by a journo who was at the race and spoke to the riders. He said all the riders (except one) thought it was dangerous. Even Rossi said something along the lines of “he was faster and there were 10 laps to go”.

Looked alright to me and I’ve made harder passes. But I guess 30mph on a dirt bike isn’t 100mph on motogp bike.

racefaceec90

for what it’s worth,i thought that it was harsh of them to give a drive through penalty to simoncelli (where other riders have done the same and got away with it) i think that moto gp needs someone like him to come along (good luck to him),but i also root for rossi also 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Many of the rossis ones it was a case of there was room to avoid the bump but neither rider would back off – I am still not sure that anything pedrosa could have done would have avoided the bump – if he had carried on on his line he would have hit him on the apex???

MSP

Taking any notice of the views of other riders is as stupid as listening to ferguson’s views on referees, its just psychological warfare, preparing the ground for when its needed, this weekend it proved its worth, getting a competitor an excessive drive through penalty.

maffyg
    Free Member

Lorenzo got banned for a couple of races when he rode in 250’s that was for ramming Perdrosa. so what ! 125’s and Moto 2 are brain out and the most entertaining .Stoner moaned about Rossi in Laguna . But when they were in 125’s none of the gave a shit .

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP – the way I saw it pedrosa could slow down no more and simocelli put his bike on the same bit of road pedrosa was heading for and as pedrosa was at the limit he could not avaoid him

If Pedrosa was ON the limit he wouldnt have had to stand the bike up. He KNEW he wasn’t going to make the corner, so he tried to go straight on. The only reason he couldn’t avoid him was because he tried to stay with him. If he’d have gone round the corner as Sic expected, he would have simply been passed on the outside.

But Pedrosa gambled on braking later than he ever usually does to block Sic and failed. He only JUST clips the back of Sics wheel. He’d been passed and he knew it

R979
    Free Member

Thing is, Pedrosa’s got some form in this area. It’s not the first time he has lost it trying to take the inside:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/131DD2ED4AD248F8A3A9135221D31EBD/nicky-hayden-dani-pedrosa-cr.aspx

It is a shame he was injured though. It’s never fun being off the bike, doesn’t matter who you are.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It is a shame he was injured though. It’s never fun being off the bike, doesn’t matter who you are.

Indeed. I’m a big fan if Pedrosa. Never nice when someone is injured.

(Says the bloke sitting here with a broken ankle!)

Hadge
    Free Member

It was a very close call on who to blame and in reality if they’d both backed off then no one would have fallen off but it’s racing and racing incidents happen. Simo has got form for being over-aggressive and he had many a run in with Bautista in the 250 class. I think he does need to temper his aggression a bit or else he could end up struggling to get full factory support as Honda HRC are going to be non to happy now that the Golden Child is injured – again!
    It’s a very intruging season so far – Spies doesn’t seem to have taken the step forward everyone was expecting, Rossi’s shoulders getting better and the Dukes getting better and Cal is riding superb in his debut season. Bring it on!

tommmm
    Free Member

Has everyone forgotten Stoner and Lorenzo’s first seasons? When they binned it race after race? I think the step up in power is really difficult at first, tend to calm down a bit after a couple of seasons. And it does make for better watching.

rainbow
    Free Member

@maffyg, Wrong! Lorenzo got banned for ONE race for the 2005 Malaysia GP only.

Woody
    Free Member

Looking at the clip above, it does appear that Sic had the line but if you look at it from other angles (I’ve seen it at least 20 times on BBC streaming now) it is not as cut and dried. Seen from above, Simoncelli came in very very hot and although he made the corner there really wasn’t any time for Pedrosa to do very much. It could be argued either way but I think that should have been done after the race rather than with a drivethru.

It’s easy to blame Simoncelli but Pedrosa has to bear some of the responsibility because he knew Sic was faster and should have had the experience to expect something like that.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Just caught up, what a race! I was on the edge of my seat getting far to excited in the closing laps hoping Rossi could see off thingy (damn I’m crap with names!!) on the Honda. My little lad didn’t appreciate at all, was giving him his bottle at the time haha!

Lorenzo the hypocrite!

50-50 on Simoncelli, hard move but that’s racing! Without a doubt the wrong decision for the penalty!

br
    Free Member

Taking any notice of the views of other riders is as stupid as listening to ferguson’s views on referees, its just psychological warfare, preparing the ground for when its needed, this weekend it proved its worth, getting a competitor an excessive drive through penalty.

+1, agree

And the reason Rossi is not now supporting him is that he sees Sim as a rival.

Euro
    Free Member

If Marco had waited for the next corner; if Dani didn’t leave his breaking so late; if Marco had left Dani another 3 feet of track; if Dani’s rear wheel didn’t leave the ground at an inappropriate time…

Racing incident, nothing more. Dani’s injury is unfair, as was Marco’s ride through.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I think a lot of opinions here are from people who haven’t raced motorbikes 😉

In order to not clip Simo, Dani would have had to either brake harder and/or tighten his line. This is a lot easier said than done (see above)…. maybe possible but it would have been a very good avoid.

I don’t like the idea of drivethroughs myself but it was definitely Simo’s fault IMO.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘MotoGP – Simoncelli’ is closed to new replies.